Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Drive and I’m in LOVE!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So today I took delivery after having to reschedule twice due to Tesla screwing up my financing, then my bank screwed it up, and then FedEx with their not so next day shipping. Here’s my girl Rey, and I’ll tell you my first thoughts on the drive home.

-I got extremely lucky, my buddy and I went over the car with a fine tooth comb top to bottom inside and out... Her fit and finish is flawless. I even commented on that with my DS and he also said it’s probably one of the best he’s seen.
-After a hellish last three days dealing with my delivery the Devon, PA crew made it so simple, and blew me away. Great staff, friendly, very knowledgeable about the vehicle, and didn’t rush me out the door one bit.
-This is my first EV and boy oh boy... Every second of the 2.5+ year wait was totally worth it to feel that instant power.
-Regen breaking took maybe 5 minutes to get used to it’s a delicate dance with the gas pedal and once I figured that out... it was amazing!
-The screen, got used to it real quick and I can’t believe no one else has thought of that before.
-Once I was able to use autopilot I immediately turned that on. Made the drive so damn relaxing and easy. The car handled like a champ, no crazy breaking, no jerky steering, and stayed almost perfectly centered in the lane. I drove more than half my drive home on autopilot through some stop and go traffic and I absolutely loved it!
-All in all of you haven’t taken delivery yet, it’s more than worth the wait. You’ll be grinning from ear to ear. I’ve never had that much fun driving and I don’t know how I could ever go back to an ICE ever again.

Lastly, if you live in and around Dover, DE and want to go for a ride.... Send me a PM! I’ll take more pictures as Rey goes on her journey. Got a lot of things lined up for her over the next few weeks.

Attachments

• 521B1CFB-B3BE-4CC6-A4E3-A60DA8893ADC.jpeg
    521B1CFB-B3BE-4CC6-A4E3-A60DA8893ADC.jpeg
    319.9 KB · Views: 107
Wow! Quite an ordeal to finally get this beauty!
Congrats! Looks awesome!
Curious if you test drove performance and how do you find yours compared to the acceleration kick in P?
I haven’t driven the P and my logic behind not dropping he extra money was it wasn’t worth it for one second. The non-p has plenty of pep in her step and I have no regrets in not getting the P.

Last edited:
It’s hard not to love... I knew it was going to be fun, but didn’t realize it was going to be that fun.

You also missed a huge difference that the Model 3 has over other cars even other Tesla’s.

No instrument cluster..................

Let’s you see the world above the steering wheel.

Makes you feel like nothing is between you and the road. Front is way expansive. More than the X.

That popped out at me immediately as something cool AF, having S and X experience.

Reactions: AnarchyEOD
You also missed a huge difference that the Model 3 has over other cars even other Tesla’s.

No instrument cluster..................

Let’s you see the world above the steering wheel.

Makes you feel like nothing is between you and the road. Front is way expansive. More than the X.

That popped out at me immediately as something cool AF, having S and X experience.
It was magnificent and I can’t believe it’s never been done before. I will say I kept looking there especially after sundown. The minimalist cockpit to the car makes the driving experience so much more comfortable and relaxing. No buttons and knobs all other the place. I can’t wait to go for a drive tomorrow! Lol

Reactions: Unpilot and MXWing
I’m jealous. I think the AWD Model 3 is the perfect sweet spot of value and performance. I wish I had waited just a bit longer and gotten the AWD version. After years with a Model S and an ICE, though, I just couldn’t wait to shed that ICE and replace it with a Model 3. I should’ve been just a bit more patient. Enjoy! Like you said, ICE vehicles will never impress you again the way they did before.

• Love
Reactions: AnarchyEOD