Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First drive today how do I charge model y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
car is fully charged used my wall charger and all worked fine. I take it at a supercharger I just use the cable that is already there.

On the front truck there is two cables one in a Tesla bag and one in a clear plastic bag I take it one of these is for charging on a 3 pin plug and is the other one the one I use at a charger with a lead like a pod point etc do I need to put an adapter on?

Thanks for the help

All correct. The second cable will be a standard Type 2, which will plug into most chargers that aren’t the fast CCS ones (which have tethered cables). You shouldn’t need an adapter or second cable type for most use cases.

What level you charge your Model Y to will depend on which battery you have. Details in the Charge Settings section of the manual: Model Y Owner's Manual | Tesla

Last edited:
car is fully charged used my wall charger and all worked fine. I take it at a supercharger I just use the cable that is already there.

On the front truck there is two cables one in a Tesla bag and one in a clear plastic bag I take it one of these is for charging on a 3 pin plug and is the other one the one I use at a charger with a lead like a pod point etc do I need to put an adapter on?

Thanks for the help
I hope you like the car, we’ve all seen you going thro’ the motion with so much dilemma - keep us informed how you are gettting on with the car!