Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just wanted to say how cool it is to be part of the Tesla community. I'm a 3/31 line waiter, just got asked to confirm finance details on my performance order last week. Thus far, have only sat in a Model 3 during their upstate NY tour, closest sales center is 5 hours away, rarely see a Tesla in this area (even at the supercharger right by my office I drive by every day).

So you can imagine my surprise when I opened my garage door tonight and saw a black Model 3 in my neighbor's driveway. I knew it wasn't his, but walked over and introduced myself to the owner (their friend from out of town).

After a half hour lesson on all the features, I'm off taking a test drive in return for letting him hook up to my hpwc for a couple of hours (now I know it works)... I was talking to my wife later about how, that all seems like such a normal thing with this car, but that's really not something you'd have with any other vehicle (closest I've probably come would be motorcycles, reminding me of the "do you wave" conversation, but still a different level). Definitely a pleasant surprise for my evening.