Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Electric car for me :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself and join the Tesla community. Here in Atlanta, car enthusiast, engineer, wife + kids, not 21 anymore :(

Brief car history in order... Honda Prelude, Prelude, Integra GSR, G35, RSX, Miata, WRX, Odyssey, and now 2016 Model X P90D :)

This is our first electric car and we love it. Can't believe we didn't do this sooner. So glad to have joined the electric car world! Love how the car is super quiet and love not going to the gas station (except for snacks!).

Here's a terrible for kicks...

bad-pic.JPG

Welcome

Before you start wondering, it's been and will be cold in Atlanta. That's going to drop your range by maybe 30%. You are a new owner, that's going to drop your range as well (showing off).
For optimal range, you want to go about 55, expect maybe 10% decrease for every 10 mph that you go above.

EV Club of the South and the Atlanta Tesla Facebook site are two resources you may want to look into.

Wonderful to read. Hang out here and have fun. Join a local Tesla group on facebook if you can. Always something going on in Houston area. As an Engineer, you may enjoy messing with Teslafi or any data logging service. Do it now while it's new and look back a year from now on where all you been. I never thought of purchasing a Tesla just because they are Electric. Heck if it ran off of perfume, I'd probably buy it. They are fun to drive and a joy to own.

Reactions: DriveMe
01 pearl white SH w/factory ground effects :,D ... Miss it still but I think TESLA will help me forget. :)

Currently have a 1997 Acura NSX. Was thinking of selling to get a mid-engine Corvette "e-ray", if it ever comes out. Getting too hard to find parts for the NSX. I met an owner of a 1991 NSX and he told me Honda destroyed most of the part molds...yikes !! No more OEM windshields in the US.

Don't forget your SH !!! 忘れないよ

Reactions: Sunshine Enjoy
Was thinking of selling to get a mid-engine Corvette "e-ray"

Nooooo! If you can afford it, I'd garage the NSX.

Over the next couple decades, cheap and abundant renewable energy with new manufacturing tech like 3D printing will open the doors to a new economy and culture of 'remaking' things that were once economically unfeasible.

Never driven an NSX but its iconic! I'd imagine such a car would find that niche in the future. If you are really attached and are able to, I'd keep it!

What he said. I’m keeping mine - this is the worst time for parts availability; it will get better as the NSX becomes more of collector car. As one of the Magliozzi brothers said “ 20 year old cars are a hobby not transportation “. Besides, even at 68 I’m not old enough for a Corvette.

• Funny
Reactions: gavine
What he said. I’m keeping mine - this is the worst time for parts availability; it will get better as the NSX becomes more of collector car. As one of the Magliozzi brothers said “ 20 year old cars are a hobby not transportation “. Besides, even at 68 I’m not old enough for a Corvette.

Nice - what year NSX do you have ? I was about to order a 2019 NSX, but went with the Tesla instead. Acura charges $3,992 for a NSX factory tour for two people....yikes !

Thanks - it is a 1994 - I have had it for 16 years now and it has been an easy keeper and a joy to drive; probably the last ICE car that I will ever own. I got it for the same reason that I bought the Model S - it was groundbreaking in its day and changed the industry ( first use of LED lights, first use of individual coils for each spark plug, first variable valve timing, first titanium connecting rods, first all aluminum production car uni-body, first electric power steering, first 4 channel ABS, etc ).