Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First EV purchase this week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone. I purchase my MYLR last Wednesday. This site helped to prepare for the car. One thing I found annoying was driving home on the freeway the wipers were in auto. The mist being kicked up would collect on the windshield but the wipers wouldn't turn on. I had a crash course in going through menus while driving. I accidently found out how you can put shortcuts to things along the bottom of the screen, big help.

Learning new things every day and enjoying the car. Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the auto wipers? I had to keep turning them on and off during the drive home.

As far as I remember, there was an "Auto" setting and then 3 manual settings, each varying in intensity. I found Auto to be a bit overzealous, much like you, so I just kept in on manual or kept tapping the wiper button on the stalk until it was no longer raining.

Hopefully the sensitivity will be updated in future updates!

Reactions: DblOSmith
As far as I remember, there was an "Auto" setting and then 3 manual settings, each varying in intensity. I found Auto to be a bit overzealous, much like you, so I just kept in on manual or kept tapping the wiper button on the stalk until it was no longer raining.

Hopefully the sensitivity will be updated in future updates!
I did have it set to Auto, but it wouldn't turn on, so I kept turning it on and off. Another issue was the de-icer smeared across the windshield and I didn't know the first 20 minutes how to turn the windshield washer fluid on. I was expecting it in the menu, but eventually just pushed in the left stalk to see what would happen and found it. I found the one time wipe also.

My wipers haven't yet turned on once in auto. Given, all I have driven in is snow and mist from traffic. If it doesn't work with actual rain I will make a service appointment.