TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

First experience with service

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by ncmountains, May 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ncmountains

ncmountains Member

my first experience with calling service center
    Truck backed into my model s in a parking lot
    Called all of the appropriate people
    Other guys insurance-great, answered all of my questions, very helpful
    Called my insurance- great, above and beyond answering my questions and assured me if other guys insurance balks at paying they will cover it and waive my deductible
    Called tesla roadside assistance to check systems on car remotely and told me if a loaner was available I could have one during repairs
    Called service center "here is a phone number to a body shop"
    Cut me off during my next question with the number to the body shop again
    Basically don't call us call body shop
    I'm on vacation and will be driving through charlotte on my way home on Sunday to avoid the extra 400 miles of driving to make another trip out there as it's the closest approved body shop
    No sorrys, no conern
    Too bad for you guy attitude

2. kort677

kort677 Banned

their attitude was extremely poor but the service centers do not do body shop repairs nor would they be obliged to provide a loaner. many car dealerships offer body repairs but those repairs are usually subbed out to subcontractors.
    Tesla has authorized body shops and I am surprised that the service center staff were not more helpful.
    many insurance policies will cover the costs for X amount of days of replacement rental, I am surprised that your 'excellent' insurance reps didn't offer that to you.

3. kort677

kort677 Banned

Wow, that stinks! while many car dealerships offer body repairs but those repairs are usually subbed out to subcontractors. Tesla has authorized body shops and I am surprised that the service center staff were not more helpful getting you to one. as for the loaner, I don't believe that Tesla would be obliged to provide a loaner for body work repairs that they don't do. many insurance policies provide for a rental replacement for X amount of days.

4. MS16

MS16 Member

Yea, that does sound pretty poor. Hope you have better luck with Tesla Service than I have had.

5. ncmountains

ncmountains Member

Yes, I did expect more
    Yes, you deride my great experience
    Yes it was "excellent" insurance service and they did offer
    I first had to determine if car was driveable that's when I called tesla roadside assistance and they informed me that I would get a loaner if one was available
    Yes, I have been offered better service from both Toyota and Nissan dealerships
    When the first response cast a dispersion on my experience with insurance vs tesla well, they did offer and one part of tesla told me I could get one
    Cast doubt that's ok

6. Krugerrand

Krugerrand Well-Known Member

That sucks and sometimes you get service people (name any company) who are a) bad at their job, or b) having a bad day themselves and pass it on. So when I come across someone like that I first give them the benefit of the doubt, then return/mirror their behavior, and finally the last step is to get their name, employee # and ask to be passed onto their manager. And yes, I will call back if they hang up on me or refuse to pass me on. I can be real persistent that way. If very rarely gets past the second stage. Usually I can get them on my side fairly quickly and we can become friends. :)