Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First full sunny day!@

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2021-3-2_17-46-43.png

Nice! I have a 9.9 kW solar roof with 60% south, 25% west, and 15% east. Today was my best day so far (December 2021 install) with 31.2 kWh. It was sunny here in Virginia too. You crushed my totals. Interestingly, my estimated annual production is over 11,000 kWh.

its only a 10.2 KW system, so 80 % of the max is good isn't it in Feb?
My bad. I thought I read 15 and that was in my head. Yes, it is great performance for this part of the year.
I also thought the curve would be a different shape due to the split directions of the panels..

In summer if it clips which it might, not to worry, you will be producing a bunch.

Last edited:
Also my best day since install :). Actually the past week in Illinois has been great.

I'm 6.12 kW with 18 panels facing south

You are lucky to face south! We too had a full sun day here in Massachusetts, and my production total and curve is identical to yours. Unfortunately for me I have an east/west split 12.24kwp system of 36 panels. So really only have of my system is working at a given time. So I paid twice as much for the system for the same production because of my roof orientation. o_O

• Funny
Reactions: AcerMe
You are lucky to face south! We too had a full sun day here in Massachusetts, and my production total and curve is identical to yours. Unfortunately for me I have an east/west split 12.24kwp system of 36 panels. So really only have of my system is working at a given time. So I paid twice as much for the system for the same production because of my roof orientation. o_O
I kinda have the same issue. 1/3 of my panels face west, but for the first half of the day they are block by my house. Now they do face west so I guess better than nothing, but a lot of money for 1/2 the production

Had to put them on the front side of the house. Not what I wanted to do initially looks wise, but don't mind it now.

Simple, turn the house.:p

@ChicagoSox How's the production today? Mine over in northeast Iowa is a tad lower today despite the sunny blue sky. There is a healthy stream of water vapor coming in from the Rockies. If you are in northern Illinois, you might have noticed a slight reduction.