Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First gas station in America to ditch oil for 100% electric vehicle charging opens in Maryland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The station will feature four dispensers that connect to a high-powered, 200kW system. The system will allow four vehicles to charge simultaneously and reach 80% battery charge in 20 to 30 minutes. Drivers can go inside and sit in an automated convenience store with screens that allow drivers to track their vehicle’s charging progress.

Interesting. :) I love seeing this happening - and in my area (sorta), too. Not that I'd need it (wrong direction for me, plus we have a HPWC) and anyway, it's a DC fast charger . . . but that's not the point. :cool: I hope (a) rates are reasonable and (b) enough people patronize his business so it's sustainable. Oh and (c) that he (or future people updating their gas stations) considers getting a high-powered, uh, whatcha call it, the adapter that comes with all Teslas and is used by a lot of other EVs. (How am I spacing on the adapter that came with my car?!)

I love CNET's subtitle on their article: "How was this not a thing already?"

Just dropped by and took some quick pics since I didn't see many in the articles.
IMG_20190929_164214410_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190929_164028685_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190929_164254039.jpg

It's a small gas station and it has chademo , sae, and j1772 plugs.
The level 2 chargers are in an inconvenient location that could block entry/exit depending on how someone parks.

I definitely appreciate their efforts.

• Informative
Reactions: Skipdd
Just dropped by and took some quick pics since I didn't see many in the articles.
. . .
The level 2 chargers are in an inconvenient location that could block entry/exit depending on how someone parks.

Thanks, @loganss! I haven't gotten there yet, but I'm very happy to hear it has J1772 plugs, not just CHADEMO. Yay! That's the one I can use with the standard Tesla-provided adapter that comes with the car, IIRC. Sorry their layout is funky, though.

View attachment 460715
View attachment 460719
View attachment 460720

Wow, I see they have Chademo adapters coming for loaners, that's an awesome idea! Good job guys!

The new Supercharger station in Tahoe City, California is built on the site of a former gas station (Rod's 76). This was closed several years ago and paved over into a parking lot. It's now a Tesla Supercharger site. Six Superchargers plus one J1772.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP