TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

First Hawaii Tesla Meet Up!

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by nanimac, Jun 25, 2013.

?

Who's going to the Hawaii Tesla Meet Up on 7/28?

1. Will definitely be there!

12 vote(s)
    70.6%
  2. Will try to make it, but not sure.

3 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. Sorry, can't make it this time :(

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

#1 nanimac, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
    First Hawaii Tesla Meet Up - Sunday 7/28/13

Ok...there seems to be a lot of us now so I'll take the initiative and try to plan a meetup. It's been great meeting forum members at the service center and I'm sure we all have great experiences to share.

Here's my initial thoughts on a meetup.

When : A Sunday morning (around 10'ish) in July - 14th, 21st, or 28th
    where: Kakaako waterfront park - usually have plenty of parking there. Other suggestions welcome
    sunday drive: tesla drive along Ala Moana Blvd, Waikiki, Hawaii Kai, maybe even further with potential scenic photo opps :)

Reply if you're interested - what date works best, any input on where to meet and Sunday drive destinations, and any other suggestions.

Cant wait to meet all of you!

2. RodF

RodF Member

Nanimac, Sunday mornings are good for me. Your meeting place and proposed route sounds like a great idea.

3. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Nanimac , Count me in. 14th, 21st, 28th - any date is okay with me. Already sounds like a LOT of fun.

4. Hawaiiskibum

Hawaiiskibum Member

:smile: Sounds like fun! Any of those dates work for me. Thanks for taking the lead nanimac!

5. spleen

spleen Active Member

28th works best for me since we have out of town guests on the 14th and I'll be out of town on the 21st. But if those dates work better for a majority of people, far be it from me to hold up the party ;)

6. StephenM

StephenM Active Member

I'm down for any of those dates. Looking forward to meeting all of you!

7. dpodoll

dpodoll Member

Sounds great! Can't make it the 14th but other days are fine

8. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Sounds like, may be the 28th for the meetup. Anyone else out there interested? Got 7 people so far :)

9. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

nanimac, I'd give it a little more time. I am surprised we didn't hear right away from ddruz, hawaiikaiguy, drtko147, Jkam, dsmith, diamond225th and Leeward, just to name a few.

10. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

Yeah, I agree. Wanted to post something to keep the thread active :) Can't wait to meet everyone!

11. jatk

jatk Member

Possibly, if I make some changes to my schedule and actually have my car . . . kind of a necessary prerequisite.

12. solar powered

solar powered Member

jatk: If you are free, show up, with or without the car. Great place to get new ideas, like Akikiki's safety check mount.

13. spleen

spleen Active Member

Yeah, I'd encourage others to let us know that they're coming, even if they don't have a Tesla (yet). If nothing else, this group of cars would give you a great idea of what all the interior options look like!

14. Papafox

Papafox Active Member

Sounds like fun! The 14th is questionable for me, but the other two Sundays in July work fine. I'm going to drop a short message on the main Hawaii thread so that others are aware of this thread.

15. gmtom1

gmtom1 Member

This sounds like something that should be done every quarter! Or at least semi-annually. Maybe one day we can get in one of those parades like the corvette guys. Always wanted to drive in a parade.

Since I don't have my car yet, I think I'll pass for now. I don't want my BMW to get suspicious that I'm considering leaving her for another woman!

16. drtko147

drtko147 Member

The 21st or 28th sounds good to me. The 14th is tough because I have a graduation to go to.

17. ddruz

ddruz Member

Would love to participate (!) but I'm booked every Sunday morning with other obligations. Take pics and post please.

18. dsmith2189

dsmith2189 Active Member

Sounds like a plan. my last attempt at a meet-up drive resulted in 1 car (me) showing up.:crying: Now that there are more cars there should be a better turn out.
    And if we have it on Sunday July 14th we can claim it was a Teslive HI event...:biggrin:

19. nanimac

nanimac Aloha!

i didn't even think about the Teslive weekend! we'll wait until after the weekend to see if anyone else replies but so far looks like most people can make the 28th.

20. Leeward

Leeward Member

Sounds great! 14 or 21 best for me.