Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Hawaii Tesla Meet Up!

Who's going to the Hawaii Tesla Meet Up on 7/28?

• Will definitely be there!

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Will try to make it, but not sure.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Sorry, can't make it this time :(

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ONE MORE WEEK UNTIL THE MEETUP!!!

Drove around Hawaii Kai side the other day and took this pic across Roy's. thought it would be a nice pic op place but not sure how crowded it gets on Sundays. anyone know?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    916.4 KB · Views: 164
ONE MORE WEEK UNTIL THE MEETUP!!!

Drove around Hawaii Kai side the other day and took this pic across Roy's. thought it would be a nice pic op place but not sure how crowded it gets on Sundays. anyone know?

Nice pic nanimac! That's exactly the location I suggested (maunalua bay). Everytime I have passed, the lot is fairly open unless there is an event. Looks like there may be a paddle board event finishing there on the 28th.

nanimac, Okay, how about summarizing for all of us a basic plan regarding start time and first meet location that you the beginning of the meet... We are open to all suggestions. Where do we start and about what time? Do you have an idea of about what time we would "pull away from that first location and begin our "tour"?

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Hawaii Tesla Meet Up - Sunday, July 28th - 11am @ Kakaako Waterfront Park

Here's a tentative schedule:

11:00 - 12:00 Kakaako Waterfront Park - meet and greet
12:00 start driving - ala moana blvd to Piikoi to Freeway. Maybe cruise through Ala Moana Beach park? Waikiki would be nice but too much traffic.

Option 1:
12:30 Mariners Ridge photo opp
1:00 Hawaii Kai kiss n ride lot - meeting point
1:00 - 2:00 - lunch at HK shopping center? any restaurant recommendations?
2:30 - picture opp at Sandy's
3:00 Disband/drive back to town

OR

Option 2:
1:30 photo opp at Sandy's
2:00 drive to Kailua for late lunch
2:30 meet up at Kailua town center parking - assuming at least upper floor not too crowded
2:30 - 3:30 lunch ..recommendations?
3:30 disband

Let me know which option you prefer and any suggestions. I probably allowed more time than needed for some stops but can adjust. I'll post cell # and route map/agenda once we finalize.

cant wait to meet you all!

Sounds like good options for Hawaii Kai. A few evenings per week at twilight time, after our kids (girl 1 1/2, boy almost 4) get completely ready for bed, we jump in the Tesla and do a Tour de Hawaii Kai (which usually ends with either the kids asleep after 30 mins or a "No!!! Let's keep driving!" as we pull into driveway). My son loves slacker, and based on related songs that have come on and he's said "I like this one!", he's become a huge Clash and Ramones fan (his favs: "Rock the Casbah," "Police on my Back", and "Blitzkrieg Bop").

Here are some places we go to on our (some nanimac mentioned already) that are possibilities for meetup:
- Coast drive along Kal Hwy to Makapuu overlook (lot may be too small)
- Kalama valley cut through
- end of Lunalilo Home Road (Kamilo Iki side)
- Mariners Ridge to top (love that re-gen on the way down!)
- Kaiwi Rd to top of valley via Mariners Cove (an aside: road not the best, but there are lots of nurseries up there if people have never been)
- Hahaione valley (up past Neighborhood Park)
- Triangle/Portlock neighborhood to: China Walls; to: spitting caves
- Koko Head District Park

Haven't been up to top of Kamehame Dr. yet, though -- thoughts on that for July 28 as part of the drive / photo op?

I've hiked Koko Head before (I'm talking about the one that overlooks Hanauma Bay, not Koko Crater), and I've seen vehicles driving up there to the radio towers -- probably service vehicles. Would be really awesome if we could talk to someone that would let us all drive up there!!! Entrance is same as Hanauma Bay, but you drive right up the ridge on a paved path essentially.

Oh yeah, I didn't see if anyone had mentioned this or not earlier in the thread, but just throwing it out there because it's a fun, hilly + curvy drive: what about driving the Tantalus/Round Top loop? Could all end up at the overlook @ Puu Ualakaa State Park. I guess it would take up too much time if Kailua / Hawaii Kai was the ultimate destination afterwards, but maybe for a future meetup.

Here's a tentative schedule:

11:00 - 12:00 Kakaako Waterfront Park - meet and greet
12:00 start driving - ala moana blvd to Piikoi to Freeway. Maybe cruise through Ala Moana Beach park? Waikiki would be nice but too much traffic.

Option 1:
1:00 - 2:00 - lunch at HK shopping center? any restaurant recommendations?
2:30 - picture opp at Sandy's
3:00 Disband/drive back to town

OR

Option 2:
1:30 photo opp at Sandy's
2:00 drive to Kailua for late lunch
2:30 meet up at Kailua town center parking - assuming at least upper floor not too crowded
2:30 - 3:30 lunch ..recommendations?
3:30 disband

Let me know which option you prefer and any suggestions. I probably allowed more time than needed for some stops but can adjust. I'll post cell # and route map/agenda once we finalize.

cant wait to meet you all!

Last edited:
Thanks HawaiiKaiguy! I don't really know the area that well so all you suggestions are great! Will definitely work some of those in to the schedule.

BTW...saw your wife driving on Kal Hwy townbound when I was on my way to Hanauma Bay on Friday. I remembered your license plate..lol :)

Sounds like a good plan! And also some great suggestions there hawaiikaiguy!
I actually like the idea of a drive through Waikiki. As someone who is there on a daily basis, I must tell you that there is a lot of stares, gawking, and picture taking when I drive there from all of the tourists from around the globe. It would be much more impact up with 7-10 Teslas together! Traffic shouldn't be too bad if we just go down Kalakaua Ave. and we could regroup at the triangle park just past Diamond Head to continue towards Hawaii Kai (we will get split up due to traffic lights no matter what path we take). Just a suggestion :)

only 9 definite and 3 maybe, we can do better than that. did someone have Barry put up a sign at the SC for those people that are not addicted to TMC?

Just got a package from Teslacessories.
It includes some pamphlets, some XXXXX and YYYYYY for me to give out. All cool stuff.:cool:
I was thinking of doing it as a random drawing since there won't be enough XXXXX and YYYYYY for everyone.:eek:
They also included a new style cup holder that wasn't available when I got my CCI. So, I will have both styles of cup holders mentioned in the pamphlets and on the web site for comparison.:smile:
AND I also have a surprise for everyone that shows up and is thinking of getting a CCI.:biggrin: (Hint: those that went to Teslive should already know what this is:tongue:)

Again, I have been sworn to secrecy and can not divulge what the XXXXX, YYYYYY nor the Extra bonus surprise is.:love:

only 9 definite and 3 maybe, we can do better than that. did someone have Barry put up a sign at the SC for those people that are not addicted to TMC?

Just got a package from Teslacessories.
It includes some pamphlets, some XXXXX and YYYYYY for me to give out. All cool stuff.:cool:
I was thinking of doing it as a random drawing since there won't be enough XXXXX and YYYYYY for everyone.:eek:
They also included a new style cup holder that wasn't available when I got my CCI. So, I will have both styles of cup holders mentioned in the pamphlets and on the web site for comparison.:smile:
AND I also have a surprise for everyone that shows up and is thinking of getting a CCI.:biggrin: (Hint: those that went to Teslive should already know what this is:tongue:)

Again, I have been sworn to secrecy and can not divulge what the XXXXX, YYYYYY nor the Extra bonus surprise is.:love:

WOW!!! If THAT doesn't up the turn out nothing will! :biggrin:

Just back from vacation and voted "be there for sure". Looking forward to Sunday's event! Either routing is fine. If we stop in Kailua for lunch the second floor of the town center parking should be a good spot for more than a dozen Teslas to park. Mexican food across Kailua Rd. or Thai food about a block away are some of the choices. If a whole slew of people show up we could do the Whole Foods food bar without overwhelming the place. Very much looking forward to meeting "the gang".