Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Hawaii Tesla Meet Up!

Who's going to the Hawaii Tesla Meet Up on 7/28?

• Will definitely be there!

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Will try to make it, but not sure.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Sorry, can't make it this time :(

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of you attending the meet up on Sunday, i've had some cool Tesla Hawaii name tags designed, which i'll laminate and attach to a lanyard. If you'd like one, PM me your first name.

I'll wait a couple more days for any suggestions for our drive route, then post the final proposed schedule/route by Saturday. Of course we can alter the plans when we meet on Sunday too :)

Nanimac, any of the suggestions are great! It will be fun!

There was a gal that I met at a different function with a grey 60. She wasn't on TMC so I invited her to join us. Her name is Marilyn. She's a go too, so we may get more than those responding to the poll.

Look forward to meeting everyone! L

I've actually invited some people that I met that were interested in the Model S to stop by our gathering on Sunday to see more options so yes, we may be seeing some general public at the get together at Kakaako this Sunday!

Just got my Dash cam. I'm going to try and install it on Saturday so it will be up and running for the whole event on Sunday. Now I will have documentation if a pretty girl stops traffic again.

Besides dsmith's pretty girl documentation cam :) Does anyone have a go pro cam to video the drive?

Island Driver on OC16 is interested in possibly doing a quick story on the Tesla drive/meet up and was asking if anyone would filming the drive.

For those of you attending the meet up on Sunday, i've had some cool Tesla Hawaii name tags designed, which i'll laminate and attach to a lanyard. If you'd like one, PM me your first name.

I'll wait a couple more days for any suggestions for our drive route, then post the final proposed schedule/route by Saturday. Of course we can alter the plans when we meet on Sunday too :)

For those of you who haven't sent me your name for the name tags, please PM me by tomorrow so I can print them out at work.

thanks!

For those that recommended the Mariners Ridge lookout, can anybody describe in more detail where they were thinking about (or even better yet, a Google Maps link)? I drove up there to check it out and didn't see anywhere where we could park 10-12 cars (unless we're just talking about parking on the side of the road in a line?).

For those that recommended the Mariners Ridge lookout, can anybody describe in more detail where they were thinking about (or even better yet, a Google Maps link)? I drove up there to check it out and didn't see anywhere where we could park 10-12 cars (unless we're just talking about parking on the side of the road in a line?).

I can't figure out how to send a link with the new google maps, but if you look at the street view for 838 Kaluanui Rd and pan towards Koko Head, you should see the spot I was thinking about.

Just noticed that the Tinman triathlon is on this Sunday. Not sure if that affects us at all, but just a heads up.

Race Course
the first (swim) start is at 0530, Let's assume that the last start (swim) 0730.
Past results show that most finish between 2 and 4 hours. (posted on web site, Not sure if this is everyone, but there are a lot of names listed))
So at 1000 the Last finishers should be done with the bike route along Kalanioleole Hwy and starting their run, which will be done in a loop around diamond head.

So if we avoid the zoo and diamond head areas we should be OK:rolleyes:

Ok..here it is. The route info/schedule. I had a Waikiki route planned, but changed it due to the Tinman. Replaced with a quick drive through Ala Moana Beach park instead.

Here's the link to a printable google doc:

Google Doc Link: 7/28 Tesla MeetUp/Sunday Drive - Google Drive

Hawaii Tesla MeetUp - Sunday, July 28th - 11am @ Kakaako Waterfront Park

11:00 - 12:00 Kakaako Waterfront Park - meet and greet/photo op
12:00 start driving

TO HAWAII KAI - Ala Moana Blvd - Ala Moana Beach Park - Atkinson - Kapiolani - H-1
12:30 Checkpoint: Hawaii Kai Park n Ride Lot - Keahole
Photo Op/drive: Mariners Ridge

TO SANDY’S BEACH - via Kalanianaole Hwy
1:15 Checkpoint/photo opp at Sandy's - end of park

TO KAILUA - via Kalanianaole Hwy
1:45 Checkpoint/End of Drive: Kailua Town Center parking garage

The times above are estimated and could adjust depending where we stop for lunch. Let’s decide on Sunday whether we have lunch in Hawaii Kai or Kailua. Sounds like we will have at least 20 people (including kids) on the drive so dining options may be limited.

DON’T FORGET TO BRING ALONG FOR THE DRIVE - WATER/DRINKS, SNACKS, CAMERAS, AND YOUR BEST TESLA GRIN :)

Ok..here it is. The route info/schedule.
Hawaii Tesla MeetUp - Sunday, July 28th - 11am @ Kakaako Waterfront Park
Untitled.png

Approximate route.

Last edited: