Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First holiday with the M3P - a learning experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I look forward to the day that is included in the filter criteria on any of the hotel booking sites. Not seen it yet

Hotels.com have it in the 'Facilities' list. You have to expand it on the left, and then check 'Electric Vehicle Charging Point'. Sadly not all hotels seem to list if they have one, so it can filter out hotels that do actually have a destination charger. But it's good for a quick filter if there's plenty of choice.

I bought a 13a rated Screwfix cable to run a 2.8KW pool heater this summer. useless. it has a thermal cutout that kept tripping even though nothing felt remotely warm. Now I am running on a cheap Wilko cable (still 1.5mm cable of course) and it's been fine all summer.
2.5mm cable seems overkill though for a 10amp UMC unless you have a very very long cable run surely?
I would have thought a high quality 1.5mm would have zero disadvantages upto at least 10m and would be cheaper, lighter and take up less space?

That’s good to know. I bought one (Pro XT brand) for use with my pressure washer. I was hoping to use it as a backup with my car -perhaps it’s not up to the job. I think I’ll order the Tough Leads offering.