TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

First is was Phantom Draining, now it's....

Discussion in 'Model 3: Battery & Charging' started by St☰v☰, Oct 10, 2019.

1. St☰v☰

St☰v☰ Member

Phantom CHARGING..

Here's a shot of my display shot about 10 minutes ago. It says that charging is scheduled to begin at 9PM tonight (and every night):

Display.jpg

However, here's a screenshot of my phone advising me that at 11:52 this afternoon my Tesla began charging ITSELF:

Screenshot.jpg

How is this even possible?

I sure hope that 32.12 or whatever come next fixes these annoying gremlins.

2. FullThrottleDv

Is it trying to protect you from power outages planned for PG&E customers?

• Funny x 1
  3. St☰v☰

St☰v☰ Member

Funny, but Edison has shut the electricity off today in a number of SoCal locations due to the high winds in the area.

4. FullThrottleDv

Tesla triggered storm watch for customers with solar and powerwall's to charge up while there was grid electricity available. I wondered if that applied to cars in the affected area. I could not tell if you were in that area, but apparently not...

5. FullThrottleDv

And the car may just be topping up for a minute or two for cabin overheat protection or something...

6. St☰v☰

St☰v☰ Member

That’s certainly plausible... but my Tesla is in my garage where is been all day and the temp here at my place is about 73ºF and it’s very clear outside. It's just never happened before. Normally, it comes on at 9PM and goes off when it reaches 90%.