Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First issue - passenger side b-pillar camera fogged up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was raining pretty strong yesterday but no issues while driving in the rain. However, this morning on the way home from Wawa (I usually get breakfast from Wawa), I got a warning that the passenger b-pillar camera was obstructed. So, i stopped and checked and the glass covering the camera was fogged up... Is this normal? Shouldn't the cameras be sealed off so no humidity can get it? Drivers side has no issues, just passenger side. Autopilot became unavailable shortly after the message. I'm sure that the humidity will eventually disspate but I don't think that this is something that should happen .. Should I create a service request for it?
Took a pic when I got home but fog was already gone, but you can still see the humidity inside

Attachments

• 20210701_074009.jpg
    20210701_074009.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 186
I have had my Y now for exactly 1 year and live in Apollo Beach (an hour from you) same rain, same heat, same humidity....

Has happened 3 times total - same B pillar camera. Goes away when the air is ran like the poster above mentioned in about 5-10 minutes.
Never even considered doing anything about it since it's FL and it gon rain.
Have fun with your Y!

Reactions: FloridaSun
I have had the same notification up here in NH several times in the year that I have now owned my Y.
Mostly due to condensation but something the sun at the correct angle can cause it.
It has happened about 6-8 times so far. It tends to clear itself up with time.

I have had the same notification up here in NH several times in the year that I have now owned my Y.
Mostly due to condensation but something the sun at the correct angle can cause it.
It has happened about 6-8 times so far. It tends to clear itself up with time.

Ditto, for me those two things have to happen on the only occasion I've had it. I had just washed the car, and was heading down a hill where the sun was hitting it at just the right angle. First and only time so far 🤞.