Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First it won't turn on, now it won't turn off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Carrera, does your brake lights stay on while this is happening? All three of my brake lights will stay stuck on. Makes me wonder if the brake signal isnt turn off even when there is no pressure, so the car thinks its on.

Carrera, does your brake lights stay on while this is happening? All three of my brake lights will stay stuck on. Makes me wonder if the brake signal isnt turn off even when there is no pressure, so the car thinks its on.

I’m having this problem Car won’t turn off, tail lights are on, headlights are on, brake lights on or occasionally flash on/off, screen doesn’t shut off when I leave car and close the door, locking it from outside doesn’t close the side mirrors. When I manually open charge door and plug in, an alert comes on screen saying it can’t drive, check charge port. It basically thinks someone is in the car.

It doesn’t always happen, but is happening more frequently now.

I’m having this problem Car won’t turn off, tail lights are on, headlights are on, brake lights on or occasionally flash on/off, screen doesn’t shut off when I leave car and close the door, locking it from outside doesn’t close the side mirrors. When I manually open charge door and plug in, an alert comes on screen saying it can’t drive, check charge port. It basically thinks someone is in the car.

It doesn’t always happen, but is happening more frequently now.

@SJC3 did you make any progress with resolving this?

@SJC3 did you make any progress with resolving this?
Yes, it took two visits, but I eventually told them it’s likely the brake light switch on the brake pedal. They took a look at it and made a quick adjustment and it was fixed. Basically it was getting stuck in the on position, so the car would think that I was pressing my foot on the brake pedal.