Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First long trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my first long trip in the M3LR tomorrow. Currently showing about 305 miles on the battery. I need to get from Durham across the A66 to Penrith where we are staying overnight. Then taking my Daughter from Penrith down the M6 to Blackpool on the Saturday. Back to Penrith Saturday night, before driving back to Durham on Sunday.

Tesla couldn't have put their superchargers in a better position for this trip! Got 3 chargers to pick from on the journey, and a 4th just past Blackpool :D

D4EC53A0-EDF4-41D6-B2D6-37BE489B25A3.jpeg

Went without a hitch.

1 - Put a full charge on at work (free charging) prior to leaving which left about 310miles on the car
2 - Drove from Durham to Penrith and then down to Tebay the following day. Spent about £10 charging it back up to 80%
3 - Drove to Blackpool and back to Tebay which left about 100miles on the battery. Charged back up to 80% for another £10ish.
4 - Drove back to Durham this morning and got home with 150 miles left on the battery.

Roughly 320mile round trip for £20ish. Would have been cheaper if I'd run the battery right down on the way home.

I sat at 60mph in cruise control on the motorways, no air con, and the battery/mile gauge on the car was pretty much spot on. Pleasantly surprised as I tend to commute in rush hour and often get far fewer miles out of the battery than I should.

One point of note, Tebay was rammed as we left on Saturday morning! 8 Tesla's charging and another 8 waiting