Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First look for V11!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Electrek did a walkthrough of the production Model S Plaid UI at
with summary at First look at Tesla's new user interface - Electrek

Is there any info on how the new UI will appear on single-screen models?

It doesn't appear to have controls for font size, contrast, or layout (like showing the map, sentry cam viewer, and backup camera closer to full screen) so I hope they restored those to about how they were before the holiday update.

Interesting -- still says Version 10.2

1623621711240.png

• Informative
Reactions: TFSMotorsport
Why doesn't somebody just sell a bigger screen for the car to put in? I mean, it is a standard adapter all vehicles with media display use?!?! Just another touch screen, put a 20" in this biatch to match the wheels!!

Or am I out in left field with this?

• Funny
Reactions: s373n
Why doesn't somebody just sell a bigger screen for the car to put in? I mean, it is a standard adapter all vehicles with media display use?!?! Just another touch screen, put a 20" in this biatch to match the wheels!!

Or am I out in left field with this?

Not so simple …. These aren’t run of the mill displays - they are auto/industrial screens - and the software would need UI element scaling to compensate. You’ve also got touchscreen issues, as well as the embedded sensors. What about fit and interference issues? Airbag placement?

Not saying it’s not doable but it’s a lot more complex than that $99 TV at Walmart …

Reactions: HankLloydRight
I highly doubt they use a standard adapter.
They use standard adapters. Not consumer HDMI, but standard embedded connectors like LVDS.

Still, so you could likely find a different size to work if the resolution was the same. I think it would be interesting to retrofit a custom MCU3 in the place of MCU2 and hang a big OLED screen in the back. I’m a hack and could probably do that myself, even figure out how to supply more power for that rear screen. What I can’t do is rewrite the front GUI to display in portrait mode if Tesla doesn’t have a flag for that.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
I would just be happy if sentry mode actually worked in my new MY without radar with a ”minor” update …smh

How is AEB going to work in fog without radar? I live in the Central Valley and fog is sometimes so bad you can't see 30 feet in front of you on the freeway. I've had AEB save me at least 3 times in my 2015 MS with radar since it can see through the fog.

Musk said all Tesla vehicles with the FSD computer will be equipped with an updated UI or the “mind of car view.” Musk was responding to a query on whether the Model 3 and Model Y would eventually see new UI. The Tesla CEO noted that all Model 3s and Model Ys can be upgraded to have FSD computers.

Tweet