TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

First look v.9!

Discussion in 'Model S' started by WattMobile, Sep 3, 2018.

1. PhilDavid

PhilDavid Member

For the love of farting unicorns, did they finally please fix the media player?

I really hope they have fixed the media player. That's the only aspect of our car that I wish worked as well as other cars we have owned and this is the first thing I'm going to check when we receive the update.

• Like x 4
    • Disagree x 2
  2. HX_Guy

HX_Guy Member

Not being able to have 2 “apps” on the screen is going to completely ruin it for me. I routinely have the rear view camera as the top app and the media player as the bottom. I use the rear view camera as part of my driving (checking for blind spots along with the side view mirrors). Why would they have the navigation as always present in the background?

• Like x 21
  3. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

Agreed. Choices are good and here Tesla is making the choice for us. Not good.

• Like x 2
  4. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

• Informative x 1
  5. whitex

whitex Active Member

Agreed. Also, I noticed Climate control doesn't say "AUTO", I hope it still indicates when set to manual. I sometimes set to to recirc but it's a good reminder to set it back when I see "MANUAL" on the screen.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  6. BigTonyTones

BigTonyTones Member

Really hope this isn't final. Not really liking the new interface. Hope Tesla is reading these boards and websites. Seems like many are not feeling it.

No split screen apps? Seems like a negative to me

• Like x 1
  7. dennis_d

dennis_d Member

As I said earlier 9.0 is going to be just UI change mostly and all new features will come in 9.1 :)

8. unbelievable

unbelievable Member

I think they're probably going to have 2 apps visible at one time as per the shot of the browser window inset into the nav screen. Whether it is then possible to position this inset screen at the top we'll have to wait and see. Hopefully someone will leak a screenshot of the 'Display' tab options soon.

9. smilepak

smilepak Active Member

I sure hope they test the heck out of it on AP1 and older CPU so it wouldn't slow the heck out of it.

• Like x 5
  10. Bebop

Bebop Active Member

I’m sure you’ll have the option to do so under a setting selection.

11. ucmndd

ucmndd Active Member

I don’t think the model 3 can. I wouldn’t be so sure.

This is where the IC widgets might prove to be valuable. If you want the camera on all the time you can at least dedicate an IC widget to the media player...

• Like x 1
  12. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

Not sure I like the small windows popping up inside the main window with Navigation always in the background. :cool:
    Sounds like this could be a cost-cutting move by Tesla to maintain only 1 software platform for all models going forward.

How will this impact TeslaWaze users who want to see a large image on the main window? Tesla Traffic Incidents and Information

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  13. emmz0r

emmz0r Member

For model S and X it shouldn't be changed to be cost cutting, it should be changed to be better since it's the top tier premium car! :mad:

• Like x 3
  14. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

Not sure cost cutting is the right terminology here. This is more like streamlining their development efforts, which I totally get and understand, I just don't like the direction it's pushing us.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  15. dark cloud

dark cloud Member

So all you guys with a model 3 in the family already will be on pace with the new screen and buttons.

And waypoints! yay! ;)

16. Hugh Mannity

Hugh Mannity Mediocre Member

Waypoints FTW but the other stuff... meh

• Like x 1
  17. tllt

tllt Member

Yeah I really hope there would still be a way to have the split screen. So far I’m not a fan of the UI changes

• Like x 2
  18. diplomat33

diplomat33 Member

Really?! You don't think that the "drive the nav" option might be good too?

• Like x 1
  19. croman

croman Active Member

Loss of constant back up camera screen is a big loss. Very stupid move. I'm pissed. **** Atari games. Everyone knows JRPG or nothing.

• Funny x 2