Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First look v.9!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not being able to have 2 “apps” on the screen is going to completely ruin it for me. I routinely have the rear view camera as the top app and the media player as the bottom. I use the rear view camera as part of my driving (checking for blind spots along with the side view mirrors). Why would they have the navigation as always present in the background?

Agreed. Choices are good and here Tesla is making the choice for us. Not good.

Reactions: JohnnyG and selfbp
Not being able to have 2 “apps” on the screen is going to completely ruin it for me. I routinely have the rear view camera as the top app and the media player as the bottom. I use the rear view camera as part of my driving (checking for blind spots along with the side view mirrors). Why would they have the navigation as always present in the background?
Agreed. Also, I noticed Climate control doesn't say "AUTO", I hope it still indicates when set to manual. I sometimes set to to recirc but it's a good reminder to set it back when I see "MANUAL" on the screen.

• Helpful
Reactions: JohnnyG and idoco

I think they're probably going to have 2 apps visible at one time as per the shot of the browser window inset into the nav screen. Whether it is then possible to position this inset screen at the top we'll have to wait and see. Hopefully someone will leak a screenshot of the 'Display' tab options soon.

I’m sure you’ll have the option to do so under a setting selection.

Agreed. Choices are good and here Tesla is making the choice for us. Not good.

Not sure I like the small windows popping up inside the main window with Navigation always in the background. :cool:
Sounds like this could be a cost-cutting move by Tesla to maintain only 1 software platform for all models going forward.

How will this impact TeslaWaze users who want to see a large image on the main window? Tesla Traffic Incidents and Information

Not sure I like the small windows popping up inside the main window with Navigation always in the background. :cool:
Sounds like this could be a cost-cutting move by Tesla to maintain only 1 software platform for all models going forward.

How will this impact TeslaWaze users who want to see a large image on the main window? Tesla Traffic Incidents and Information

For model S and X it shouldn't be changed to be cost cutting, it should be changed to be better since it's the top tier premium car! :mad:

Not sure cost cutting is the right terminology here. This is more like streamlining their development efforts, which I totally get and understand, I just don't like the direction it's pushing us.