TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

First M3 official delivery 4 - 8 weeks away, what's your take ?

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by Starno, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Starno

Starno Member

We're exactly 4 weeks away from July (not counting the weekend).

So when do you think the lucky one will get to drive " officially " the first M3 car ?

I'd say the 3rd week of July.

2. SunCatcher

SunCatcher Member

I'll call it happening on the Fourth of July. Independence Day. Even if it's only one M3, symbolically it would be awesome. Highest percentage American made car. And officially the beginning of an electric car for the masses that will bring us to an eventual end to burning oil for personal transport. (Don't tell me that the Bolt got there first. GM's effort was just a punt) :cool:

Go Elon! Go Tesla! Wahoo!

• Like x 1
  3. bdy0627

bdy0627 Member

It's interesting that there's no official date yet. Possibly because Tesla doesn't even know yet. It sounds like from the recent tour, the production line is still being installed. Won't it take at least 4 to 6 weeks to get it initially up and running, then a few more weeks to tweak it? I'm guessing there won't be any meaningful production until late July.

4. Starno

Starno Member

I think they approximately know, but " accidents " happen, so I guess they don't want to make false promises. Also maybe they want to create a surprise effect ?

But yea meaningful production definitely not before late July I think as well.

5. aronth5

aronth5 Long Time Follower

Friday the 28th.