TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

First Mobile Service - Recall and Repair Items

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by deadlion, Apr 12, 2019.

1. deadlion

deadlion Member

First mobile service was a very positive experience. The tech was excellent (and arrived early).

Repair
    - Wheel well liner grommets - installed 6 on each side, aligned liners
    - Mirror triangle trim - replaced both (they actually latch on, one of the old ones stuck out quite a bit)
    - Inner tail lights replaced - condensation
    - Dual Motor badge - decided to run it for a few miles

Recall
    - Hood latch - apparently some have an interference issue

Guidance
    Screen Film - I still have the orig plastic film on the screen. The tech suggested removing it before the weather gets hot due to reports of them melting on the screen. Will consider a real screen protector

Tire Rotation - approaching 5K miles; Tesla does it for $55. However, I get free rotation since I got my tires from Discount Tire.

2. Shaft

Shaft Member

2019 car? I was told the wheel well gromments are omitted from factory and no longer installed on new cars.

3. Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison Active Member

What kind of interference?

4. deadlion

deadlion Member

Apparently in an area not readily visible around the latch. Some models require part of the existing housing to be trimmed away. I'll try to get the recall details

5. deadlion

deadlion Member

Mine is a 2018. Yes, I saw the posts about the grommets not needed for 2019's but I am unclear if the liner or other items have changed to avoid the need for them.

6. bpjones

bpjones Member

I’m curious why you’d need a screen protector given the screen’s out-of-the-way location?

7. japhule

japhule Member

Do you have a picture of the new mirror triangle trim?

8. jkoya

jkoya NA2 NSX

I've had mobile service twice and have been very happy with the service. Visiting the actual SC next week - I hope they are just as good as their mobile counterparts.

9. C141medic

C141medic Active Member

I received this email the other week:
    Model 3 Badge installation, Door Plugs, Charge Port Insulator Pin Bulletin, Hood Latch Readjustment Bulletin. This’ll be my first mobile service and it’s scheduled for this Monday. It was very easy scheduling. I’ll report back once everything is completed.

• Helpful x 1
  10. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

Early after the Model 3 came out one owner was in an accident with his car and the passenger’s arm/hand I think it was hit the screen and it broke cutting them. The owner tweeted Elon about this and the glove box not opening and Elon said both issues would be addressed. Plastic film was added to the screen on future cars and the glovebox had changes made to it too. So the screen apparently can injure someone should it break.

11. crackers8199

crackers8199 Active Member

I'd love to know how they figure this out. I've had mobile service come out and do two tire rotations so far and haven't paid a penny.

12. Sneakerhead

Sneakerhead Member

3 tire rotations for me for free.

13. C141medic

C141medic Active Member

Just had my mobile service done today. Everything went well. Tech was excellent and very helpful and knowledgeable. Would definitely recommend mobile service if it’s something that can be taken care of by them.

• Like x 1
  14. Talax74

Talax74 Member

Would like to share my experience.
    Had the mobile service coming to my house.
    Arrived earlier than expected
    Super friendly and competent.
    Fixed all the problems but one and he told me how to address it.

Here the interesting part.

Neighbor #1: My wife and him met the same afternoon. he said saw the service on my driveway if there was something wrong with the car.
    My wife explained that nothing was wrong, only minor fix and Tesla send somebody to your home so you don't have to drive your car somewhere, wait on line etc... you just stay comfortable in your house.
    Jaw dropping moment :D He was just speechless about the service.

Neighbor #2: he asked me why the van, I explained and he told me "So you're getting Ferrari treatment".