TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

First Model 3 Spotted in the Wild

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by N5329K, Aug 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. N5329K

N5329K Member

Saw my first Model 3 yesterday in the wild near the Tesla store in Seaside, California. Beautiful car, and an interesting color that looked like a dark taupe silver. Almost a metallic brown. Not sure I've seen that anywhere, though maybe it was just the light (gray) and the backdrop (eucalyptus trees). But really pretty.
    Also spoke with a Tesla engineer at a family party in Atherton, who has a reservation but is delaying his Model 3 purchase until later next year "when the wrinkles are more ironed out".
    Might be an argument for dual motors.
    Robin

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. KarenRei

KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei KarenRei

Yeah, that's the reason I don't feel bad about not getting mine until "Early 2019". Lots of time for the bugs to get worked out. There's not a service centre in my country, so if something big goes wrong I'll have to ship my car to Denmark :Þ Also, yeah, I want AWD if it's not too expensive.