Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Model S to get a custom color after delivery?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love your mod to the tail lights... that's the only part of the Model S concept car that I wish carried over
I agree, I think Franz made a mistake with the clear tail lights. The original red tail lights looked much better.

TeslaModelS-609.jpg

FWIW, I know it's been said many times before here.. but I LOVEEEE that color!! I've always wanted a BLUE car. Not deep blue, sea blue, baby blue, dark blue, midnight blue, etc. etc. blue. But, just primary color BLUE... Kind of like some Vipers. But anyway... Looks great!!

Laurent - do you have anywhere where you've stored photos of your Model S? I would like one for my desktop background if you have any "looking out on a view" type pictures?

I'd also like it if you could say what colour you used? (the actual detail of colour, not sure how they work it out, whether its RGB or what) I think I've just fallen in love with it!

Sorry, I didn't mean to blind you :smile:

I've been asked to post some pictures so here they are. No Golden Gate Bridge in the background unfortunately, just charging at work...

[/ATTACH]View attachment 20272

That’s a fantastic blue !

It'll be a year until RHD spec cars are available here in the UK, but ideally I'd like mine to be a similar Blue + Tan interior to my Roadster shown below ( reposted pics from some months back). Might not be to everyone's taste, but I really like it :smile:

When I ordered the roadster it was on condition that I could have a custom colour, and all I had to do was supply a Dupont-Paint-Code, and pay the premium. I eventually chose a special blue/purple colour used by Alfa Romeo on a limited-run series of cars they produced in 2009. Not sure if a custom paint process will ever be possible with the Model S, but I'd like to somehow achieve the same again even if I have to pay extra to have it done.

My 2nd fav combination is metallic titanium / silver with red leather as per my AMV8.

Stonewall5_zps4a84f928.jpg

Teslafronton_zps86508e5b.jpg

teslasnow5_zpsae09b097.jpg

Teslatopdowninrain23rdSept2012_zps3c9faad1.jpg

Teslabluecaughtinsidewayssunlight_zpsf486ed6e.jpg

astonpic3foralan_zps3b151ec7.jpg

That’s a fantastic blue !

It'll be a year until RHD spec cars are available here in the UK, but ideally I'd like mine to be a similar Blue + Tan interior to my Roadster shown below ( reposted pics from some months back). Might not be to everyone's taste, but I really like it :smile:

When I ordered the roadster it was on condition that I could have a custom colour, and all I had to do was supply a Dupont-Paint-Code, and pay the premium. I eventually chose a special blue/purple colour used by Alfa Romeo on a limited-run series of cars they produced in 2009. Not sure if a custom paint process will ever be possible with the Model S, but I'd like to somehow achieve the same again even if I have to pay extra to have it done.

My 2nd fav combination is metallic titanium / silver with red leather as per my AMV8.

Your custom color is still one of my favorites. They really should offer this as an option on the Model S as well. Laurent's color as well but they are limited on the number of color options they can offer it sounds like.

Maybe the could come out with one custom color ever year or less? All cars of that color would be batched and produced together. Would be a unique option from a manufacturer.

Last edited:
You custom color is still one of my favorites. They really should offer this as an option on the Model S as well. Laurent's color as well but they are limited on the number of color options they can offer it sounds like.

Maybe the could come out with one custom color ever year or less? All cars of that color would be batched and produced together. Would be a unique option from a manufacturer.

special editions are often made by constructors! so why not!
Tesla could cooperate with designers from other industries! (clothes, sportingequipment, watches ....) or just "famous" persons
Let's make an "elon" edition or "spacex" one ;-)

I guess these guys would be a nice fit!
Patagonia Outdoor Clothing, Apparel and Gear for Climbing, Hiking, Surfing, Running, Travel

it's easy marketing

Your custom color is still one of my favorites. They really should offer this as an option on the Model S as well. Laurent's color as well but they are limited on the number of color options they can offer it sounds like.

Similar to the Cadillac Mary Kay Pink Line