Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Model X with 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
Can't wait to see if they fixed the USB reloading every time and the following from the notes (especially the first one on non-PUP):
  • Improved Auto Front Door functionality
 (Model X only)
  • Falcon Wing doors open and close more quickly (Model X only)

//TB

Reactions: mikes_fsd
User posted this morning with screenshots.....btw: just received an email from Tesla re: 8.0...

Who has the boasting right to #1 updated to v8.0?

You tube on media player: Tesla Software v8.0 - Media Player Initial Impressions

My wife and dog rejoice:
  1. Passenger control of the touchscreen now lasts 30 minutes after the driver has left the car
Did anyone else notice the "1170 AM" radio selection??? Did Tesla just add AM radio!?!

--Update--
It just dawned on me that the above video may not be a Model-X, but a Model-S. Need confirmation.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jsollender
I heard rumors that version 8.0 is going to resolve

Sunshade issue. The car will automatically tint when it is 85 degrees or hotter

Ghosting. When the windshield experiences ghosting, the car will automatically eject the old windshield and a drone will fly by and insert a new one.

FWD that actually closes and opens without manual input.

0 to 60 in 2.5 seconds

insert any other issues with previous upgrades

It's nice that it lets you know there's an update but it's nearly useless if you have to then actually walk out to your car to accept the update and schedule the time.

You mean other than letting you know when you need to get up and walk out to your car to schedule the update. It seems to me it can save you a lot of the "is it here yet" hassle.