Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Model X with 8.0

travwill

May 1, 2015
Marble Falls, TX
So how many of you did get 8.0 on your X so far? Got it on my S last Monday morning but still nothing on our new X75D.

No one has got v8 on Model X yet, we are all still patiently waiting. But not big rush as some bugs are getting worked out surely and there sure are a lot of complaints in the S forum on it.

Reactions: ModelX

Saghost

Oct 9, 2013
Delaware
No one has got v8 on Model X yet, we are all still patiently waiting. But not big rush as some bugs are getting worked out surely and there sure are a lot of complaints in the S forum on it.

Patiently?!?

Granted, there are probably a silent majority who are being patient, but the folks I see posting don't seem very patient. (Including me. Where's my 8.0 upgrade, Mr Elon?) :)

scottf200

Feb 3, 2013
Chicagoland ModelX S603
It's gone now!
Now there is an S at 2.38.19

Image: i.imgur.com/u24MUmk.png
u24MUmk.png

number12

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Aug 16, 2016
Tesla
Anyway to stop V8 to upload? Is it possible to wait for 8.1 for instance. More curious than anything.

Saghost

Oct 9, 2013
Delaware
Anyway to stop V8 to upload? Is it possible to wait for 8.1 for instance. More curious than anything.

I think the car will download no matter what. You can choose not to install the download, though - I'm not sure exactly how, but when you get the "when should I install" pop up there's apparently some way of choosing not to ever install. Thus our famous forum holdouts who are still on 7.0 because they don't like the 5 mph over restriction added to AP on smaller roads in 7.1.

scottfl

Jun 11, 2016
sarasota
Just picked up my wife's new Model X yesterday. Despite request for 8.0, came with 7.1 installed. Otherwise the model X is amazing. When I drive my model S, I have to open and close the door myself..it's inhumane :)

• Funny
Reactions: Jeff McClure

Saghost

Oct 9, 2013
Delaware

Interesting. There's 2.38.19 again. Did you notice a difference in the FWD behavior? The release notes we saw a couple weeks ago said something about making the doors faster...

spentan

Dec 26, 2012
SoCal

sounds awesome, can you please update ev-fw.com.

Also I am hoping that my install comes tonight then, as I also have a Sig X :)

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC