Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Model X with 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the notification that an update is ready, I scheduled it for 6:30 PST.

Attachments

• IMG_1496.JPG
    IMG_1496.JPG
    278.2 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: CraneKick
Do you mind sharing the cliff notes? I've heard bits and pieces about issues with Music and general UI bugs. I can live with those. My main desire for 8.0 is improved AP.

Cliff notes from what I've seen on S forum:

1. AP (TACC) part seems better, distance from cars, smoother breaking/acceleration.
2. AP (Lane Keep/Steering) part is what people are complaining about, or regarding as flat out dangerous now around things like semis, less accurate reading of lines, etc. People attribute to starting new fleet learning over, etc.
3. LOTS of other small nit picky things on Ss that should apply to Xs like lost steering wheel controls, not liking the extra step with top bar when hidden, media player looks good but is harder to use, lots of reboot claims, navigation is not really better besides the full screen thing as still uses Navigon mapping (built in maps in IC) even with Google data on big screen, no waypoints, etc.

It'll be interesting to see all the above in a new version for us and S likely, and how the other minor features in Xs like seats, doors especially, are all impacted...

• Informative
Reactions: BrianD