Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Model X with 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any updates, do you have V8???
After selling my F150, I swore I would never get another V8. Now I find myself anxiously waiting...

I'm guessing it will be out next week - be patient. Don't rush Tesla, they have to make sure they get this right. Better be slow and safe with the rollout. Don't want to be like the other manufacturers.

While you wait, you can read all about Audi's Q7 3rd row seat recall (similar to what Tesla had). Or watch this video comparing 3 high-end SUVs with 3 rows (Volvo XC90, Audi Q7 & Acura MDX; what no Model-X???), and see how bad their "Auto-Pilot" implementation is.

Once you finish reading/watching the above, then go and check if your V8 has arrived...

After selling my F150, I swore I would never get another V8. Now I find myself anxiously waiting...

I'm guessing it will be out next week - be patient. Don't rush Tesla, they have to make sure they get this right. Better be slow and safe with the rollout. Don't want to be like the other manufacturers.

While you wait, you can read all about Audi's Q7 3rd row seat recall (similar to what Tesla had). Or watch this video comparing 3 high-end SUVs with 3 rows (Volvo XC90, Audi Q7 & Acura MDX; what no Model-X???), and see how bad their "Auto-Pilot" implementation is.

Once you finish reading/watching the above, then go and check if your V8 has arrived...

I already seen both of these...gmme V8 now!!!!!

So it'll be next week then.

I guess Tesla desperately prioritizes MS, since it's a larger base, more fatal accidents involved, and sensors lower positioned. /s
Or Model X team is still busy stabilizing its side of the code base. Or 8.0 on S has been in development longer (since before X came out), and the X side still needs to finish up the parts specific to them that S doesn't have. Or... 100 other things.

Remember the first iPad? It ran a forked version of iOS, 3.2, that iPhones never got. Then with 4.0, the codebase was re-unified, and both devices ran the same software, and releases have been in lockstep again. It seems like we're not quite to that point yet with S and X, but getting close.

Ok, finally got my car back from Service. As you see, it has the last 2.36.31 security update but has a pending updates also. Going to start that now to see if it's v8.

The odd thing is that I've had the update pending for two days already and haven't seen anyone else with it yet.

Attachments

• IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    228.5 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Reactions: MP3Mike
Ok, finally got my car back from Service. As you see, it has the last 2.36.31 security update but has a pending updates also. Going to start that now to see if it's v8.

The odd thing is that I've had the update pending for two days already and haven't seen anyone else with it yet.
aw chit, let us know how it goes.

I'm over waiting for 8.0. Just gone back to enjoying my Model X on 2.36.31 instead lol.

Reactions: goneskiian

Never mind. It installed the same version again!

Done waiting on 8 also. Current version is perfectly great already :)

Took delivery of my new X this afternoon. As part of the walk through, I was prompted to select a time tonight for the software to download. It should begin downloading at 12:45 a.m. I'll try to come back here tomorrow and confirm that it in fact downloaded.

• Informative
Reactions: SDMPdM
Took delivery of my new X this afternoon. As part of the walk through, I was prompted to select a time tonight for the software to download. It should begin downloading at 12:45 a.m. I'll try to come back here tomorrow and confirm that it in fact downloaded.

What version are you currently on? (Click the T at the top and note the version (If it's 2.36.31 then you have a shot at 8.0. If it isn't, then no chance lol)

I was told by a tech at the Dania SC that he had seen Xs delivered with 8.0 pre-installed. I left my X there overnight (spoiler repair) and he promised to check if they could give me the update while at the SC.

What type of spoiler repair are you having done, if you don't mind me asking? I scheduled an appointment to have my spoiler alignment issues looked at. Mine sticks up on one side, dips down on the other, and comes close to rubbing on the back edge when being stowed (gap disproportionate from one side to the other along the trunk lip). Wondering how big a job it may be to have it adjusted.