Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Model X with 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got it and went for a quick half hour drive. The Release notes state that search works with the USB now, so I wanted to check that.

But...

In the half hour, my USB managed to load to only 57%, so I never got to actually check the search. Becuase it didn't finish loading it will start again next time.

So basically, for any drive less than an hour, USB is no longer available to me, and for longer drives I have to wait for the first hour to use it. Unbelievable!
Wow that's ridiculous. I haven't tried to see if that's the case yet. It's the first time I saw the USB loading screen after 8.0 installation. I'll see that every time I start driving now??

Finished the update on our 60D. Didn't have time to play around with it much, but USB load time is crap (don't know yet if it'll remember the content after first 100% load or not), and trying to scroll through albums is laggy as [expletive] and you end up selecting an album accidentally and going back puts you to the top of this list.

Not good.

//TB

Finished the update on our 60D. Didn't have time to play around with it much, but USB load time is crap (don't know yet if it'll remember the content after first 100% load or not), and trying to scroll through albums is laggy as [expletive] and you end up selecting an album accidentally and going back puts you to the top of this list.

Not good.

//TB
I just confirm that it does load every single time. That is worse than 7.1. The source defaults to non-USB as well when you get in the car.

It took about 30 sec or so. USB 3 device. Maybe few gigs of music.

• Informative
Reactions: KaiserSoze
I got it and went for a quick half hour drive. The Release notes state that search works with the USB now, so I wanted to check that.

But...

In the half hour, my USB managed to load to only 57%, so I never got to actually check the search. Becuase it didn't finish loading it will start again next time.

So basically, for any drive less than an hour, USB is no longer available to me, and for longer drives I have to wait for the first hour to use it. Unbelievable!

So it has to reindex at every drive?? That stinks

Got mine!

Attachments

• IMG_0035.JPG
    IMG_0035.JPG
    530.7 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: Saghost
Got it and installed in 1:20. Took a short 5 Mike drive, AP nagged once (I keep one hand on the wheel at all times), so not as bad as Some have reported. Interface looks clean, map/nav search is much better. I have not tried my USB yet. So far so good

So what happened to the apps in the apps menu? Slacker used to be there and that is where I used the Tesla login. On the media screen, TunedIn is listed but not Slacker. There is a login for Slacker at the bottom of Media Player but I don't know it for the Tesla account. My favorites that I had saved before from Slacker are showing up though.

So what happened to the apps in the apps menu? Slacker used to be there and that is where I used the Tesla login. On the media screen, TunedIn is listed but not Slacker. There is a login for Slacker at the bottom of Media Player but I don't know it for the Tesla account. My favorites that I had saved before from Slacker are showing up though.
Slacker is now called something else but works the same. Your favs are stored and now easier to see.

Wow - this is rolling out incredibly quickly.

As of 8:20pm EDT, about 4 hours after the first notification was received, there are exactly the same number of cars on 8.0 as there are on older versions of the firmware, according to TeslaFi.com, which logs these things automatically.

That suggests that Tesla let 'er rip essentially to the entire Model X fleet at the same time. (Apologies to those few who don't have it yet.) This is sharp contrast to the two-week-plus rollout to the Model S fleet.