Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Model X with 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You may be one of the few that has not upgraded but with all the noise, you may be better off. Since you cannot go backwards I would count this as a blessing.;)
I'm pretty confident that when I get my car back, it'll have been updated. I got the notification on my phone shortly after dropping my MX off at the SC last Thursday.

I was supposed to get my car back Friday. Then on Friday I get "we will
Keep it over the weekend and you'll get it back on Monday." (I piped in that Monday was a statutory holiday here). "Okay, then tuesday."

Tuesday came and went. I sent an email and so did they. I got a generic "parts have been ordered and they are waiting," but no timeline.

Today, my email from yesterday got responded that they were still waiting on a part that should be delivered later today. My MX "should" be ready tomorrow..

Aija, sorry I forgot to follow-up on the spoiler issue. Here's what the invoice said when I picked up my X - "verified spoiler stuck in the closed position. Forced open using toolbox. Removed tailgate paneling. Found slight corrison on hinges. Cleaned off hinges and lubricated with special grease. Actuated spoiler numerous times. Spoiler functions properly. Cleaned out drains."

So it may have been inadequate lubrication at the factory(?). They also inspected the front halfshafts for correct part numbers. This may be an effort to check out the noise some are reporting under the frunk.

Thanks for the info. I take mine in on 11/1. Hope they can address the misalignment without too much disassembly. I find maintenance a slippery slope and avoid it as much as possible - that includes the dentist as well ;)