Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First MX VIN with HW2?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would you think that? I want Tesla to succeed.

Tongue in cheek comment. I've modified post. You are vague behind your reasoning and my theory COULD fit. :)

Unless someone who is watching who can answer you might have better luck checking through October, November and December delivery threads for the first known HW2 delivery.

I suspect it's trickier than that. I may be wrong but it's my understanding that even early vin reservations that were fulfilled after October came with HW2. Case in point, I may very well have an earlier vin 100D because I upgraded my December order from 90-100 but the only thing that changed was the coding to reflect the model, not the final digits. But it wasn't built until March 12th by which time reported vins for others were 7-9k greater.

Well, if anyone has an MX HW2 with a VIN number smaller than 27XXX I am not the first, by a lot :)

I have 19XXX, ordered in August and specified November delivery. Didn't get built until early December, picked up mid December. Like TallPaulS said, it's trickier than just vin number. They don't build them in order of vin. I got my vin right away when I ordered even though I pushed back my delivery and then Tesla pushed it back a little further.

My vin is lower than a lot of cars that got built before mine.

I have 19XXX, ordered in August and specified November delivery. Didn't get built until early December, picked up mid December. Like TallPaulS said, it's trickier than just vin number. They don't build them in order of vin. I got my vin right away when I ordered even though I pushed back my delivery and then Tesla pushed it back a little further.

My vin is lower than a lot of cars that got built before mine.
By way of confirming your statement, I was looking at a CPO with a 21380 VIN that had AP1.

Reactions: Wise1919