Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Official Delivery Window For New Red...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the delivery button and upon completing the logistics got a delivery date of Feb 3-17. Seq number of 5097, 60 kwh battery, red exterior and black interior

Wow, very odd. I wonder whether they've decided to put it into production earlier than originally planned. Since they had stated red wasn't going into production until march, you might want to email and just check it isn't some sort of glitch. You're the first person to report a delivery button for a red car.

red with a Feb delivery date???

Either they are putting red into production early or the web logic is off and dates unreliable, probably the latter as has been the case with Tesla historically.

No doubt a mistake on Tesla's part. I have a multi-color red on order and got the same delivery email today. As I was given an April/May delivery window when I finalized and knew that the mult-coat red would not even go into production until March 1, I was suspicious, so I called Tesla right away to double check. It was a mistake I was told, likely the result of changing from blue to multi-coat red a week after I had finalized on blue. The Tesla rep I spoke to confirmed that production on the red will not begin until March and that it would thus be impossible for a multi-coat red to be delivered before then.

Last edited:
(P: 14291) Finalized
Model S performance , 85 kWh, multi-coat red, Gray 21", pano, tech, studio sound, air, black Napa leather/alcantara with red piping, twin charger, Paint armor, HPWC. estimated delivery April-May 2013.
is this correct? it seems there are a lot of multi coat red ordered before me.
Any ideas what's a realistic delivery window?

(P: 14291) Finalized
Model S performance , 85 kWh, multi-coat red, Gray 21", pano, tech, studio sound, air, black Napa leather/alcantara with red piping, twin charger, Paint armor, HPWC. estimated delivery April-May 2013.
is this correct? it seems there are a lot of multi coat red ordered before me.
Any ideas what's a realistic delivery window?

I don't think you're going to get a better idea than that until April and they start coming out. However, it seems reasonable. Pretty much everybody ordering red has gotten April/May, and probably the earlier ones will get their cars in April, and you're more likely May (unless there's some sort of delay).