TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

First official Model 3 picture?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by freeewilly, Mar 15, 2016.

1. freeewilly

freeewilly Member

Sorry, no surprise here, thousands of people living in California received an invitation to attend Model 3 unveiling event. This is the very first Model 3 picture from Tesla. The front view looks exactly like a Model S. Capture.JPG

2. emupilot

emupilot Member

It's the same dimensions as the Model S in this tweet, so I think it's just a Model S silhouette filling in for the 3.

3. mikevbf

mikevbf Member

4. tracksyde

tracksyde Member

5. anticitizen13.7

anticitizen13.7 Enemy of the Status Quo

It's the same blacked-out picture that was posted to twitter. The twitter pic has a Model S and X next to the blank space. The blank car is depicted as being dimensionally the same as Model S, which leads me to believe that there are no actual clues here.

6. infeza

infeza Member

I made this comparison from the tweet picture. Basically took the silhouette of the model 3 and put it on top of the model s picture. I aligned them with the wheels, it looks like its a tiny bit smaller, more shallow curves on the side near the headlights and the side mirrors smaller.

can't wait for more!
    ss (2016-03-16 at 09.46.38).jpg

7. PTADO

PTADO Member

It's fun to think it's a real silhouette, but part of this marketing campaign is anticipation and shock factor. Posting even a fascia silhouette would give away too much. It's literally fractionally off on peoples' comparisons which is plenty of room for shadow errors, pixel displacements, sizing issues, etc.
    By the way, I'm in no way downplaying the car, if it's looks like that I'm jumping to the ceiling. I just don't think they would give away that much given how it's been going. No leaks. No confirmed renders. No inside information. Nothing. Like I said, I think the shock factor will be the fact it's a car that hasn't been seen, and the first time it's seen, it will even allegedly be driveable.

Either way, excited as hell.

8. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

The S and X were drivable, so I'd have no problem believing 3 will be as well.

9. wallet.dat

wallet.dat Member

I saw the pic in another thread with the S, X, and E (silhouette). I'm wondering if the S and X were to scale, relative to each other.

10. jdevo2004

jdevo2004 Member

I found a picture of the Model 3! ;)
    Tesla_Model_S_Indoors.jpg

11. Red Sage

Red Sage The Cybernetic Samurai

And... Here we go again.

12. sports4eva115

^^^ o gawd....

13. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

I was going to say that's one ugly looking silhouette, until I realized that's the Model S ;)

14. SureValla

SureValla Member

do you think those of us doing in store reservations on the 31st before the reveal get to see any photos before they swipe our credit cards?

15. Bimbels

Bimbels GoldMember

no way.

16. tga

tga Active Member

I have no idea where I saw it, but there was an article or post that claimed that stores would have a picture to show those putting down deposits.

17. Bimbels

Bimbels GoldMember

I saw that and remember thinking whoever said it was no authority.

If Tesla says it will happen, then I'll believe it. So far that hasn't happened. And I seriously doubt it would, because all it would take is one media person to go and put down a deposit to see a photo, thus stealing the thunder from the event - which is probably the most important one Tesla has ever had.

• Like x 1
  18. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

as the deposits are refundable maybe there will be some churn if someone pays a deposit only to dislike the car when they see it

19. doctoxics

doctoxics Member

Not only driveable, but test drives will be given to media at the reveal according to the invitation to media received by Daniel Sparks of Motley Fool.

20. igotzzoom

igotzzoom Member

• Like x 1