Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Ottawa Tesla Owners Club meeting pp

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have raised issue with restaurant already but parking is not their responsibility - it is an issue with the plaza management. I am trying to get a space for us. Keep tuned as to whether I can pull it off.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone have any press contacts which we could alert about the event?

- - -

There is lots of extra parking behind the restaurant that is rarely used. Maybe we can take that over. It is parking for the stores in the strip mall where EndOfTheRoll is but there are a couple of empty store units so lot of free parking.

There is lots of extra parking behind the restaurant that is rarely used. Maybe we can take that over. It is parking for the stores in the strip mall where EndOfTheRoll is but there are a couple of empty store units so lot of free parking.

That is the area the restaurant has suggested to me. I now need to make certain we keep it clear for us.

- - - Updated - - -

Not a Tesla owner yet - but would love to see all the Tesla's and meet some owners. Would anyone mind if I drop by to check things out (after the dinner obviously)? :) Everyone can check out my sick Smart Electric. :p

Would love to see you?

It was nice to meet you at the Kingston Supercharger today.

I'm looking forward to joining you for the dinner!

Look forward to seeing you again. Dinner at East Side Marios on Hunt club at 18:00

- - - Updated - - -

Not a Tesla owner yet - but would love to see all the Tesla's and meet some owners. Would anyone mind if I drop by to check things out (after the dinner obviously)? :) Everyone can check out my sick Smart Electric. :p

We look forward to meeting you on July 23 at East Side Marios on Hunt Club. Why don't you join us for dinner? We have another Smart car owner coming.

First Ottawa Tesla Owners Get Together Update:

1.As of Monday night we have possibly 26-27 for dinner. I have arranged with restaurant to set aside one part of the restaurant for us. Note starting time is 18:00
2. Possibly 16 Teslas will be parked together.
3. May also have several Smart EV cars as well.
4. I am working with Restaurant to have a set parking place for everyone. When you arrive check out parking lot between Don Cherry and East Side Marios at back of lot where several store fronts have For Lease signs on their windows. I hope to set something up for us in conjunction with restaurant manager.
5. Hats will not be available as stock has run out at present time.
6. Not certain whether I will be able to generate any press interest. Mike Colpitts cannot help in this regard.
7. I have not established a major agenda as the night is more social than formal meeting at this stage.

Janette and I look forward to meeting everyone

Last edited:
First Ottawa meeting was a resounding success. We expected about 28 people and 16 Model S's. We ad 43 attendees; 20 Model S's, a Roadster with licence GVAA 001, 2 Smart EV's and one Volt. The next event will probably be a ride to Westport in October timeframe. We even had one sale at the event!! Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves immensely and look forward to the next get together.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all.

Thanks again Bob for organizing the dinner. It was great!

I was requested to add photos. If anyone sees a photo they would like removed, let me know. These images have been downsized, so as not to overly burden the web page.

2H6A0684 copy.jpg

Looking very cool even early on.

2H6A0686 copy.jpg

That's looking pretty impressive!

2H6A0703 copy.jpg

The Roadster has arrived.

2H6A0717 copy.jpg

As have roughly 20 Model Ss!

2H6A0718 copy.jpg

Most of the crowd has gone in to the restaurant, but more are arriving.

2H6A0725 copy.jpg

I think the total number of people at dinner was 43.

2H6A0731 copy.jpg

After-dinner discussion. One of the Model Ss seems to have morphed into a Chevy Volt. :)

2H6A0737 copy.jpg

Ye olde Roadster to J1772 adapter...

2H6A0751 copy.jpg

Cool parking lights.

2H6A0762 copy.jpg

Selling more Teslas...

2H6A0768 copy.jpg

2H6A0775 copy.jpg

2H6A0778 copy.jpg

Until next time...

- - - Updated - - -

More pictures...

2H6A0696 copy.jpg

2H6A0704 copy.jpg

2H6A0701 copy.jpg

2H6A0742 copy.jpg

2H6A0743 copy.jpg

2H6A0746 copy.jpg

2H6A0710 copy.jpg

2H6A0711 copy.jpg

2H6A0752 copy.jpg

2H6A0753 copy.jpg

2H6A0754 copy.jpg

2H6A0756 copy.jpg

2H6A0748 copy.jpg

2H6A0749 copy.jpg

Attachments

• 2H6A0775 copy.jpg
    2H6A0775 copy.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 136
First Ottawa meeting was a resounding success. We expected about 28 people and 16 Model S's. We had 43 attendees; 20 Model S's, a Roadster with licence GVAA 001, 2 Smart EV's and one Volt. The next event will probably be a ride to Westport in October timeframe. We even had one sale at the event!! Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves immensely and look forward to the next get together.

Thanks Bob for the invite! :) Really fun meeting all of you even though I'm not a Tesla owner yet. Cheers!

This was a blast! Great to meet a bunch of people suffering with the same Tesla insanity. Thanks for arranging this Bob.

Hopefully Gerard has recovered from the Insane runs we did. After the usual chuckles and expletives, he just said "Um...yeah" :smile: