Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First P85D adopters stuck in black hole

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm starting to think that this isn't actually a black hole... either that or we only got close to the event horizon and not further.

Unless we're implying that the P85D is faster than light... in which case, I'm cool with it. :D

I guess the cars actually in the black hole are the ones where people reordered. ;)

Sizing the Black Hole,
So exported the delivery data spreadsheet to excel at 12:30pm PST 12/17 and played with it, here is the data on the P85D black hole:

· To be a member of the BH you entered production between 11/21-12/5 and waited/are waiting 10 days plus for production to complete
· # Original members of the BH: 68
· # who have finished production: 32
· # who remain in BH: 35 (1 cancelled)
· Average Production Time for those completed: 17.4 days
· Longest that has completed: 24 days
· Longest that hasn’t as of 12/17: 26 days
· # of BHers Exited Production on: 12/16: 8, 12/15: 14, 12/14: 3, 12/13:1, 12/12:2, 12/11:1, 12/8: 1
· If 12/16 pace holds – list will be cleared in 4.5 days
· # of cars who began production after the hole and have been completed: 17
· Average Production Time for Non-BHers - 4.7 days

Okay, got that out of my system.

Ross

Last edited:
@Dbitter1. Since yours flipped Sunday and today is Wednesday, any update expected delivery date and if currently in transit? Some say when running smooth Chicago deliveries take 3-5 days and 5-7 is the norm. Is it true, once in transit, DS can track it in real time? Can you tell I am anxious? :love:

I'm a Chicago delivery too. Completed production on 12/15 (Monday). DS tells me the car "is waiting for transport". I saw one Chicago car was being delivered today (@Brownbody) but I'm wondering if anyone else who has a Chicago delivery has heard their car is in transit yet.

There was definitely some sort of Vortex going on here. And it SUCKED! :)

Anxiety level down a few notches with the change to Production Complete...

From the spreadsheet it looks like you and me are in the exact same spot; ordered on the same day, confirmed on the same day, went into production on the same day...However you appear to have pulled ahead of me as I am still "In Production"

From the spreadsheet it looks like you and me are in the exact same spot; ordered on the same day, confirmed on the same day, went into production on the same day...However you appear to have pulled ahead of me as I am still "In Production"

Hang in there. I suspect Tesla may be doing some prioritizing based on where they need to go and it takes less days to get from the factory to Phoenix than from the factory to Houston. Pure speculation on my part since there have definitely been "exceptions" to this theory...

Mike

I am nowhere as long as you ksnowdon, but the disparity in production times is confusing as hell. I wish there was better communication. I also have watched recent people flying through, and out to delivery. I am currently on day 11 with no word. (I am doing Austin delivery - so right by Houston).

· Longest that hasn’t as of 12/17: 26 days

Yup, that's me! 26 days and counting. I think I'm the only person on the thread who has been waiting that long - can I get some sort of virtual WWE-style title belt made? I will gladly hand it off to the next person enduring the longest production time if/when my status ever changes to "Complete." :biggrin:

I emailed and called my DS this morning, but no response yet, so I'm going to email Jerome again. He answered my prior message, posted on page 4 of this thread, so hopefully he'll answer me again, although I think my tone in my second message was a little more heated despite my best intentions of trying to sound as diplomatic as possible...hopefully he'll provide some additional information because his original explanation about the seats (even with the port issues) isn't holding up too well IMO as I see more and more folks escape the hole (with non-next Gen seats - the seat swap option hasn't been presented to me and I don't understand why).

I'm a Chicago delivery too. Completed production on 12/15 (Monday). DS tells me the car "is waiting for transport". I saw one Chicago car was being delivered today (@Brownbody) but I'm wondering if anyone else who has a Chicago delivery has heard their car is in transit yet.

My car completed yesterday (or this morning?). Spoke to my DS this afternoon and she said it was prepping for transport via train. She didn't want to give me a date still until it was on the way. I told her to give me a guess and I wouldn't hold her to it and she said maybe Monday or Tuesday. Who knows...

Hang in there. I suspect Tesla may be doing some prioritizing based on where they need to go and it takes less days to get from the factory to Phoenix than from the factory to Houston. Pure speculation on my part since there have definitely been "exceptions" to this theory...

Mike

Thanks, Mike. Writing Jerome last night has produced results...I emerged from the blackhole at 3:10PM this afternoon and I should have my car by Saturday or Sunday. So relieved to finally not have to check the damn webpage every ten minutes like I have the last couple of days. Hope you enjoy your new car.

Just got a response back from my DS, saying that my car is still being prepped for shipping, and he has no idea what seats will be in the car, and has no way of knowing until the car is delivered.

I also still have not received my final finance paperwork, despite asking several times.

Yup, that's me! 26 days and counting. I think I'm the only person on the thread who has been waiting that long - can I get some sort of virtual WWE-style title belt made? I will gladly hand it off to the next person enduring the longest production time if/when my status ever changes to "Complete." :biggrin:

I emailed and called my DS this morning, but no response yet, so I'm going to email Jerome again. He answered my prior message, posted on page 4 of this thread, so hopefully he'll answer me again, although I think my tone in my second message was a little more heated despite my best intentions of trying to sound as diplomatic as possible...hopefully he'll provide some additional information because his original explanation about the seats (even with the port issues) isn't holding up too well IMO as I see more and more folks escape the hole (with non-next Gen seats - the seat swap option hasn't been presented to me and I don't understand why).

I'm tied with you, entered on 11/21, but I actually went Production Complete on 11/26. My original delivery date was scheduled for 12/2. That came and went with no ETA. I didn't receive the message Jerome sent everyone, I read that here. I also never got an option on the seats, again read that here. I seem to have more info than my DS. Yesterday I saw some Seattle deliveries scheduled for Thursday so I called my DS to see if I might be on the same truck. He said he'd get back to me before end of day. He did call back, but he said he had no information. FILO.

I emailed Jerome tonight. I'm really considering cancelling and reordering like gpetti and a couple others have done. I don't really mind waiting that much to get an off the production line car with the heated steering wheel option.

Just got a response back from my DS, saying that my car is still being prepped for shipping, and he has no idea what seats will be in the car, and has no way of knowing until the car is delivered.

That doesn't make any sense.

You're reading posts from many people here who are finding out well ahead of when their cars are arriving at their pick up locations what seats the cars are coming with. It sounds like your DS just needs to dig a little deeper.

I'm tied with you, entered on 11/21, but I actually went Production Complete on 11/26. My original delivery date was scheduled for 12/2. That came and went with no ETA. I didn't receive the message Jerome sent everyone, I read that here. I also never got an option on the seats, again read that here. I seem to have more info than my DS. Yesterday I saw some Seattle deliveries scheduled for Thursday so I called my DS to see if I might be on the same truck. He said he'd get back to me before end of day. He did call back, but he said he had no information. FILO.

I emailed Jerome tonight. I'm really considering cancelling and reordering like gpetti and a couple others have done. I don't really mind waiting that much to get an off the production line car with the heated steering wheel option.
I thin you and I have the closest situations though I guess you're didn't slip back into production again. I think so far I may be one of only a couple of people who have stuck with the reordering process. Interestingly, no one tried to talk me out of reordering, and I think they may have been relieved. I'm deciding how long I will wait before I start harassing them about my new car. I'm really hoping I don't have to wait until end of February.