Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First person in line in the US? First Reservation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told when I arrived at 3PM-ish I was the first to arrive at a US dealership to get in line.

Anyone get in line before that?

My order went through around 10:02AM. (I couldn't enter the store until 10AM)

Anyone get there order in before that?

Just curious.

Thanks,
James

The first guy in line at Rocklin, CA got there Wednesday at 8:45AM. My chair and my shoes arrived to claim #7 in line at 6:00PM Wednesday. As an owner, I should be pretty far up the list. The NorCal Reno Tesla owners group volunteered to help. We did line control, doughnut distribution, and information dissemination, so the employees could concentrate on taking reservations. When the doors opened there were over 500 people in line and over 700 people total came in. The line was done around 3:30PM.
Great fun, great vibe and great people. Props to Bonnie, Laura, Omar and all the other SacEV-Owners group volunteers! Laura's Trivia test was great......no, I don't think 80 will be enough copies-LOL

bubble-gif-pop1.gif

Heh, I was #9 at my location but they split us into 3 groups when they started taking payments. I drew the short straw and got the guy with the iPad, which for most people takes longer to enter data than a regular PC/keyboard.

To add insult to injury the person in front of me read his card info off wrong so that had to enter everything again.

All of that cost me a few spots on the list, oh well!

Reporting in for Burlingame, CA:

First in line was 4:30pm on Wed. I arrived at 5:30pm. When the doors opened, we were delayed because the store wanted to take a group picture with "the first 6" at that location (which was fine). After the picture, I (politely) grabbed the pad from the employee to enter my own data. Despite being the 2nd in, I was the first out. I was interviewed by ndtdv after. ;)

Sidenote: Before the opening, we (1st three in line) were interviewed by Katie from Fortune and by (I forgot his name) for a Forbes podcast.

I think the Buena Park, Ca store has all of us beat. They started taking reservations at 9am. From my understanding, all stores in California were supposed to start at 10am but that store broke protocol. So about 200 people got their reservation in before rest of us had a chance.