Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FIRST PICTURES - Tesla Autopilot 2.0 ECU (Nvidia PX 2)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hate fan noise. That's a shame. Too bad they couldn't enmesh it with the car cooling

I agree. The question now is: Are the fans directed at an air intake duct, or are they just circulating "trapped air" inside the dash?
Considering Nvidia has been pointing out that the unit should/could be liquid cooled, should we worry about the temperatures in there?

@andrewket If you by any chance have an inspection camera ("snake" camera / endoscope), you should be able to photograph it much more closely than @bjornb did, only by removing the outer most plastic cover as seen on the previous pics
Good idea. I started hearing fan noises coming from that area 3 days ago but haven't attempted to look inside yet. We do have a camera that would fit!

I agree. The question now is: Are the fans directed at an air intake duct, or are they just circulating "trapped air" inside the dash?
Considering Nvidia has been pointing out that the unit should/could be liquid cooled, should we worry about the temperatures in there?

If they would circulate air in closed structure, it would be very bad design.

Good idea. I started hearing fan noises coming from that area 3 days ago but haven't attempted to look inside yet. We do have a camera that would fit!
Should be just four clips (all on the "curved" side; top to bottom).

Plus a connector for the KeyFob-sensor

Clips.jpg

So, a thread touting "FIRST PICTURES" of the new hardware (in caps, no less) that.... doesn't contain any actual pictures?
LOL have you seen through the pictures? @bjornb has posted the first ones :)
I haven't seen any images of the new Nvidia computer in a Tesla in this thread. Where did Bjorn post them?

Right about here

BTW: What you're seeing in those images, are not the camera connectors. Those should be on the other side (facing the 17" MCU). So for example, the big blue one should be power, CAN, ground and some other stuff - regular FLRY wiring on some japanese/chinese connector. The camera sensor inputs should be Fakra on coax/HSD-cables that should be on the opposite side of the unit, which we have not yet seen images of yet.

Last edited:
Yes I saw those blurry images of a connector, some wiring, and a hint of a flat rectangular box. You are welcome to call those photos of the new Nvidia computer but to me they show next to nothing of interest. I am waiting for at least a clear photo showing the entirety of the largest face of the computer enclosure, or even better, or what is inside the enclosure.

• Helpful
Reactions: Obsoletion
Not necessarily - could be collecting lots of data to send back to the mothership.

(I have no idea if it is or is not, just speculating that it could be working in the background).
I picked up my car on 12/7 but we didn't notice any fan noise until Saturday night. Earlier in the day, we'd driven several hundred miles, heading first to Brush, CO to be the first to charge at a newly completed Supercharger. We then took a back route to Loveland to visit that newly opened Supercharger. I wondered if the computer was busy processing these routes as they were probably very lightly traveled by Teslas previously. We checked with a friend who only took the I-25 route to Loveland and he said he never noticed his car making fan noises like we heard.

Last edited: