Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FIRST PICTURES - Tesla Autopilot 2.0 ECU (Nvidia PX 2)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good point. Load at this point must be close to idle.

On the contrary, it should have recently ramped up. Elon just tweeted in the last few days that the neural net is basically done so now all of the HW2 cars — AP paid for or not — should be in data gathering mode. That may depend on which version of the OS is installed, however. Last I saw, the latest release is in limited beta at the moment so this comment could be hogwash :).

Reactions: Matias
...I noticed that there is a fan like noise behind the dash on the passenger side of the car...

Could that be a stereo amplifier as depicted in the following picture:

tesla4.jpg

Nice :)
@Henry169 If you still have access to the unit: Can you measure the dimensions as well?

I am wondering if it has about the same dimensions as the one Nvidia has shown in public or a totally different configuration inside as well (other than the placement of external connectors).

It would be interesting to see what it looks like on the inside too.. :)

Given the apparent size relationship between the connectors, wiring and the metal enclosure, it looks to me like the PX-unit inside should be smaller than the promo unit. Quite a bit smaller, actually. Which does correspond to the statement from the Nvidia dude in the video I posted above, regarding what Tesla allegedly did with it. At least we can definitively conclude that they moved the position of the connectors

Bildschirmfoto-2016-01-05-um-05.49.26.jpg

0104_px2_holding.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I agree that it appears to be a bit smaller, but the prototype/development board also seems to have multiple regular PC type connectors like USB, HDMI and RJ45 Ethernet. They are not needed in the car and if you remove those and accompanying electronics/chipset you may save some space..

PX2-PC-ports.JPG

@Vitold If you look closely at the first image @Henry169 posted you will see a lot of connectors/cables on the left side as well.