TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

First Porsche revealed to be an electric car from 1898

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by gg_got_a_tesla, Jan 29, 2014.

1. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

2. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

As a Porsche fan, this is an amazing discovery to me even though it is well known that Professor Porsche did design and build electric cars a few years later. I only wish that the modern Porsche company would get off its butt and offer a modern EV sports car. They are very slow in their EV vehicle development. The 918 doesn't count (way too expensive and the electric motor is not the primary power source), the Panamera hybrid battery is too small, and the two converted Boxster EVs done a few years ago had totally inadequate range.

3. deonb

deonb Active Member

"The P1 could reach speeds of up to 21mph (34km/h) and travel up to 49 miles on a single charge."

If you think about it - the drive time (in minutes) that you got between charge stops was the same as that of the Model S.

4. EdA

EdA Model S P-2540

Simply amazing...

5. frequencydip

frequencydip Sig 100 - #52

The first electric Porsche 1898

The first Porsche ever built called the Egger-Lohner C.2 Phaeton, this electric car from 1898 has 'P1' engraved onto all of the key components standing for Porsche 1, done by the then 23-years old Ferdinand Porsche himself. Read the full article:
    Porsches First Car Found After Being Left In A Shed For 112 Years