Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Post in Model 3 Forums - Just placed an order and need help!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good Evening!

Long time lurker and first time poster in this part of the forum! I have had an MS for going on 4 years now, which is my wife's daily driver. I was planning on waiting for a Cybertruck before getting another Tesla, but the pandemic happened a new member of the family is due to come this April ;) My current 2+2 car setup (2 seater Miata NC and 2 Seater Porsche Boxster :D) is no longer an option when there is a car seat involved. Enter the Model 3 - perfect balance of good price point, will fit a car seat for emergencies when the S is unavailable, and Tesla efficiency.

Just placed my order for a used 2017 LR RWD M3. Got it at a fair price (39k with 24xxx miles).
As with all used Tesla's right now (and confirmed with rep) price includes FSD (tip: if you do not want FSD, rep confirmed that price can be adjusted to be lower).

So far so good in the purchase. I got a fair price for my NC via trade-in, and will sell the other car private party to a family member.

The only concern so far is the financing piece. I have a decent credit score (over 800). My first Tesla quote was for 3.49 @72 months from TD Auto Finance, LLC which arrived via email at 1643 today. Unfortunately, I was working and was paged to come help with a patient before I can hit confirm.

Long story short, after my clinical duties was done, I checked my email (about an hour after, so a little past 1730) that an update happened to my loan. I checked the Tesla account and the loan was now via Wells Fargo at 4.34%. This was after hours and unable to contact Tesla until tomorrow.

Thankfully, the page was still loaded in my desktop and did not refresh and I was able to take a screenshot.

Has this happened to anyone? Is there a way to get the initial quote back? The other option I was thinking was to go directly to TD Auto Finance since I am assuming they already have my information.

Lastly, any tips (or links to threads) is much appreciated! I love my S (especially with the updated MCU2 now rivaling the performance and usability of the 3's screen) and excited to for the 3.

Thank you!

m3.JPG

Hey man, same quote from Alliant here. 3.49% @ 72 months. Next best on LendingTree\Credit Karma\Bankrate were about 5%.

I'm only financing $35k credit score is ~760. I kinda expected a 2.49%-3% but I'm still looking.

(moderator note: forum software sent this post to moderation. removed link so I could release post).

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey man, same quote from Alliant here. 3.49% @ 72 months. Next best on LendingTree\Credit Karma\Bankrate were about 5%.

I'm only financing $35k credit score is ~760. I kinda expected a 2.49%-3% but I'm still looking.

(moderator note: forum software sent this post to moderation. removed link so I could release post).

Thank you! I reached out to the Finance team and they were able to get me back to the 3.49% rate. Took 1 phone call and 1 email.

I am also looking but my credit union is offering the same rate 3.49% for 72 months. My bank (Chase) offers lower rates but only via their partner car dealers.

From where I sit, 3.49 is close enough to where I want to be that 2.9 (what I am looking for based on my score and DTI ratio) vs. the time to look for one and then go outside Tesla may not be worth it. Refinancing is another option down the road.

Thank you! I reached out to the Finance team and they were able to get me back to the 3.49% rate. Took 1 phone call and 1 email.

I am also looking but my credit union is offering the same rate 3.49% for 72 months. My bank (Chase) offers lower rates but only via their partner car dealers.

From where I sit, 3.49 is close enough to where I want to be that 2.9 (what I am looking for based on my score and DTI ratio) vs. the time to look for one and then go outside Tesla may not be worth it. Refinancing is another option down the road.

Awesome. And yeah I am probably in the same boat. All the effort and time aren't worth $20.