Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First post - just received new Model X!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!

We had a 2017 Model X that we sold at the start of the pandemic, but we’re loving the new model that we just received this past week, and we’ve been spending the last few days adjusting to all of the great updates and features it now has.

IMG_4897.jpeg

We were disappointed to learn however that the vehicle itself did not include the corded mobile connector that came with our 2017 X, nor the windshield sunshade we had previously. [We were told that from our local Tesla showroom that they didn’t have any corded mobile connectors available, and they appear to be out of stock online too.]

Does anybody here know where I could find these two items available for sale? 👆

Side note: it feels like Tesla has become more like Apple in recent years., e.g. selling headphones separately from an iPhone.

The car is quick, very comfortable, and is a dream to drive. Three things I've noticed that need to be fixed since taking delivery, however:
  1. Some squeakiness near the front of the vehicle on the driver side. I believe this is related to panels on the exterior of the vehicle rubbing together...? Does anybody have feedback on this?
  2. On the rear of the car, on the panel where the Tesla letters are... that panel appears to be peeling away from the car, and a bit of foam is exposed. This needs to be fixed.
  3. The two keyfobs supplied are not pairing to the vehicle... thank goodness for phone access + card keys.
Super happy to be out on the road in an X again!

Congratulations on the new ride and welcome to TMC!

About the fobs, make sure there aren't any little pieces left over inside the fob from when you pulled that plastic strip out to energize the fob...those can get in the way of the battery contacts. Also, check to be sure the batteries aren't dead...one fob's battery died after a couple weeks but it worked great after I put a fresh battery in.

About the corded mobile connector (or mobile connector kit, which is what I think really came with the cars earlier) or sunshade, you can check the Marketplace section of TMC (try "Tesla Parts for Sale"). Or eBay, or local Facebook groups. The mobile connectors have been in demand for a little while though, so just be prepared for that. As an alternative, if you did get a J1772 adapter with the car, you might be able to use some third-party charging solutions. Just trying to give you some other ideas.

Enjoy!

Bruce.

Are you serious? The mobile adapters don't come with the cars anymore? My daughter picked up a M3 early this year and it still came with one, although only the 15a 120v plug and had to buy the 14-50 plug. That seems odd they would cheap out on that, especially on a 6 figure MX.

About the corded mobile connector (or mobile connector kit, which is what I think really came with the cars earlier) or sunshade, you can check the Marketplace section of TMC (try "Tesla Parts for Sale"). Or eBay, or local Facebook groups. The mobile connectors have been in demand for a little while though, so just be prepared for that. As an alternative, if you did get a J1772 adapter with the car, you might be able to use some third-party charging solutions. Just trying to give you some other ideas.

Are you serious? The mobile adapters don't come with the cars anymore? My daughter picked up a M3 early this year and it still came with one, although only the 15a 120v plug and had to buy the 14-50 plug. That seems odd they would cheap out on that, especially on a 6 figure MX.

Orders AFTER April 17, 2022

Y2ophU0.jpg

It's a supply issue, apparently. Hence being sold out at the online store.

If you are just getting your car now then I am sure you placed your order before 4/17/22... In which case your car should include a mobile connector... Call up your SA if you have one or stop by your SC where you picked up the car and have them get one for you free of charge... Make sure you tell them your order was placed well before the 4/17/22 cut-off date.

The two keyfobs supplied are not pairing to the vehicle... thank goodness for phone access + card keys.
Mine aren’t pairing either — I’ll look for the link with the magic spells and incantations to get them to pair.

For the missing Mobile connector, add it as a service item to log that you didn’t get it for your pre-April 17 order and they should give you one when they get them.