Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First post... my model 3 is dead as a brick.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, so my car was towed yesterday to our closest (only) service center in Montreal because it's completely dead. I know it was almost fully charged on Saturday, but when I looked at the app on Sunday, it did not connect and it was showing 0KM residual. Road service told me they had to tow it, a tech was not an option. I will keep you informed of the next steps...

No, it was dead, impossible to enter the car. Even when the tow truck driver hooked his battery booster I was only able to enter the car and nothing else, the screen was black. He had to put some sort of teflon skates under my rear wheels because the e-brake was still active.

• Informative
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Day 1 update: Still no news from Tesla, but I can still access my car with the app :)

I know they charged my car this morning for 2 hours from 0KM to 160KM (with the hood open) then they stop for about two-three hours... and again for a good four hours to 80% or 290km. The only update that I got is from an SMS that says: " we are still working on your car, we will get back to you when it's done" I texted them what was the problem? and still no answer. With the current situation with covid19 they are probably understaffed, so I will not put too much pressure.

I have had a service appt scheduled for a long time because my driver's door is all messed up(mobile said they can't fix it). It either shows the door being open when it's not, or vice versa. When I hit the open door button it flashes that the door opens and immediately closes on the touchscreen. The car knows it's impossible to get out and shut the door that quickly, so it always thinks I'm inside. To put it to sleep I get out of the car, shut the door, then open and shut it again. Otherwise it thinks I'm in there and leaves everything on indefinitely(including radio and climate). Good God stop being so smart. I can't wait to get this fixed. Manual latch activation message pops up after every carwash and rainy day too.