Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First post, test drive Tuesday, I have questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lastly, insurance. AAA wants 1800/yr roughly. Seems high. Per forum thread, got a quote from Costco/Ameriprise. Shockingly low. Has anyone dealt with Ameriprise, especially handling a claim?

I have Costco/Ameriprise and it's been uneventful (which is good). I got rear-ended in another car years ago, and it was a smooth claim process. Brought it to the local repair shop, the adjuster got the estimate, and they cut me a check to pay for the repairs. If I remember correctly, I had to pay the deductible out of my pocket first, and waited some weeks to get reimbursed. Seems like they were waiting on the other side to reimburse them first.

It may be a bit late, but based on your situation, have you considered asking/doing an over night test drive? I doubt they would say no.

I have not, tho I think we'll be satisfied after tomorrow to make our final decision. Kinda funny, we never would have thought about spending 100k on a car. But this car just changed our mind. We're fortunate to even be able to consider it. And you only live once. I've prob spent close to 2 months lurking around this forum. I have gained a lot of knowledge, certainly enough to be ready to finalize this shortly.

Now I'm pulling for the scheduled Dec delivery for the federal 2016 credit

The California 2500 rebate is available again also. Would I be able to apply and receive that once the car is delivered? I think that's how I understand it. I.E. Car gets delived Jan

The California 2500 rebate is available again also. Would I be able to apply and receive that once the car is delivered? I think that's how I understand it.

Yes, you can apply as soon as you get the car as I recall. It isn't related to your state taxes at all, so they cut you a check whenever. As with all programs of this type in CA, apply as soon as you can just in case they run out of $$ again.

OP here - to recap, we did a test drive Tuesday @ Costa Mesa, they didn't have our 1st choice, a 90d. We tested a 75D, and placed an order, but still wanted to drive the 90D. We went to San Diego today and drove a P100D ( BTW, really liked the X style seats ), that they configured to a 90D, but not until we tried the P100 mode, WOW, that was quick, incredibly quick. We basically did a standing start 0-60 run. So that's out of my system. Just too much money, but we did like the P90d mode over the 75D we tested at Costa Mesa. So we're still unsure about options. Our standing order is P90, standard black, blk textile seats, blk headliner, pano, premium package, coils, AP, premium sound
We had not been able to preview the following until today - premium upgrades in the car we actually test, air suspension, premium sound. We checked all that out today
Current thoughts
- possibly thinking black metallic paint over standard black - should we??
- still unsure about premium upgrade, but would really like the lift gate
- felt the air suspension WAS superior to coils, may add - we're in our 50's and 60's, and like comfort
- premium sound, not blown away, but still would like XM radio

One thing we forgot to clear up and I would appreciate thoughts on are the headliner
In the store you see the display of 2 white headliners, and 2 black headliners
One set of blk/wht kinda standard looking, the other more of a suede
My wife actually likes the non-suede better. What are our options here, is it dependent on if you choose the premium upgrades package

Thank so much - if you get the chance to demo a P100d, do it
It actually got my wife a bit nauseous, as we went from 0-to 75 in a heartbeat
Beast most any plane or roller coaster I've tried!

- possibly thinking black metallic paint over standard black - should we??
I'm not sure if it was the particular owner who had the car before selling it back to Tesla but I currently have a standard black P85 loaner and the black paint looks like utter crap. Perhaps if you treat the car well, keep a coat of wax on it and keep it garaged you may be okay. I can't say for sure how the loaner got to it's current state but personally I'm very thankful I didn't go with the standard black after seeing this car.

I'd suggest looking at a few CPO cars that are at least a year old with the standard black paint before making a decision.

As for the reason I have a loaner in the first place... Tesla delivered my car with splotchy paint on the front bumper. I had previously read about Teslas questionable paint jobs but I now believe those people were accurate. I'm glad I got paint with the sparkle to help hide imperfections.

One thing we forgot to clear up and I would appreciate thoughts on are the headliner
In the store you see the display of 2 white headliners, and 2 black headliners
One set of blk/wht kinda standard looking, the other more of a suede
My wife actually likes the non-suede better. What are our options here, is it dependent on if you choose the premium upgrades package

I think at one point you could select B&W (non suede) and that the upgrade package turned these into b&w suede options. I just went back to the site though and it looks like only suede is available now and that this is no longer tied to the upgrade package.

I think at one point you could select B&W (non suede) and that the upgrade package turned these into b&w suede options. I just went back to the site though and it looks like only suede is available now and that this is no longer tied to the upgrade package.

I was thinking that could be the case. Perhaps the store displays need to be updated? I didn't pay enough attention during the 1st test drive to say with certainty what the headliner looked like other than it was black. I will make a call tomorrow..

So I did get a clarification from my SA. The non-Alcantra headliner option is only available on the X series, thus the multiple displays in the Tesla stores