Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First post, wtb 17 S, wife in wheelchair, which seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We leased a 17 I3 and plan on getting a 17 model S between now and June. I am also looking for a post 10/16 to get AP2. The only imperative option is smart air suspension as I have to transfer my wife from a wheelchair to the seat and ride height makes a big difference in the ease of transfer. We test drove the S and X in Rocklin last week and the wheelchair and service dog fit great in the S with the rear seats folded down. We are very hard on seats due to sliding in and out, dropped food, etc. The question is whether the cloth insert seats seem to wear better than the leather? From pics of used ones, it does appear the vinyl and cloth insert version wear better.

Attachments

• IMG_7984.jpeg
    IMG_7984.jpeg
    497.9 KB · Views: 48
Dogs are gonna LOVE ridding in the spacious rear hatch of the Model S.

Not many 2017s were ordered with cloth seats. They have a good reputation for wear if you can find one.

If you are putting the seats down in the back, it will make no difference which material you order because they both have the same carpeting on the rear seat backs.

I find that a slightly wet towel works best for removing pet hair from the rear area. Vacuums only get the top layer :)

We leased a 17 I3 and plan on getting a 17 model S between now and June. I am also looking for a post 10/16 to get AP2. The only imperative option is smart air suspension as I have to transfer my wife from a wheelchair to the seat and ride height makes a big difference in the ease of transfer. We test drove the S and X in Rocklin last week and the wheelchair and service dog fit great in the S with the rear seats folded down. We are very hard on seats due to sliding in and out, dropped food, etc. The question is whether the cloth insert seats seem to wear better than the leather? From pics of used ones, it does appear the vinyl and cloth insert
We leased a 17 I3 and plan on getting a 17 model S between now and June. I am also looking for a post 10/16 to get AP2. The only imperative option is smart air suspension as I have to transfer my wife from a wheelchair to the seat and ride height makes a big difference in the ease of transfer. We test drove the S and X in Rocklin last week and the wheelchair and service dog fit great in the S with the rear seats folded down. We are very hard on seats due to sliding in and out, dropped food, etc. The question is whether the cloth insert seats seem to wear better than the leather? From pics of used ones, it does appear the vinyl and cloth insert version wear better.

For me, I always found leather a lot easier to clean than cloth. I would look into a seat cover if needed. Cloth stains and soaks up liquids faster.