Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First PowerWall2 installed in Houston TX.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SolarCity is installing my solar panels and PowerWall2, in Cypress TX (around 20 miles NW of downtown Houston) I am being told it's the first one in the area. I will post more pictures as the installation progresses.

Attachments

• IMG_0325.JPG
    IMG_0325.JPG
    318.1 KB · Views: 467
  • IMG_0324.JPG
    IMG_0324.JPG
    234.5 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_0323.JPG
    IMG_0323.JPG
    280.4 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_0322.JPG
    IMG_0322.JPG
    218.4 KB · Views: 444
@JAWZ2020 Congrats on the new PW2, which may very well be the first one installed on Planet Earth. (No way to know if Elon didn't already put the first batch on Mars?!) I posted early yesterday trying to find ANYONE who has had one shipped or installed, and zero other folks have responded. So Texas may indeed carry the honors, surprisingly beating out CA. Maybe mine will show up here in Iowa soon?

Please share any particulars about your experience, as the TESLA world has been awaiting this ALMOST as much as Model 3 :)

Reactions: RichardD
@JAWZ2020 Congrats on the new PW2, which may very well be the first one installed on Planet Earth. (No way to know if Elon didn't already put the first batch on Mars?!) I posted early yesterday trying to find ANYONE who has had one shipped or installed, and zero other folks have responded. So Texas may indeed carry the honors, surprisingly beating out CA. Maybe mine will show up here in Iowa soon?

Please share any particulars about your experience, as the TESLA world has been awaiting this ALMOST as much as Model 3 :)

Thank you! I was being told that today they had another Tesla PowerWall2 install scheduled, a few miles from here! I might drive by there to congratulate the owner!

SolarCity design included 24 LG panels and 1 PowerWall2,
System size: 7.56 Kw
System Production: 9882.43 KWh
kWh / kw : 1307.2 kWh /kw

Cost was around $24k (before incentives) and financed the whole system on a 10 year loan(20 yr loan is also available but not while financing the battery) which puts me at a little over $200/month. I'm planning on paying it off earlier though.

• Informative
Reactions: Karma and 2012MS85
Awesome, like @RichardD I'm curious on the package cost for the Houston region. What electric plan do you have?

Please keep the pictures coming.

Ambit Energy was my energy provider, but I had to switch to MP2 energy, because they do provide "Net Metering" which means can keep track of the meter spinning backwards, therefore giving you credits when you overproduce energy.

Attachments

• PV array 1.jpg
    PV array 1.jpg
    384.6 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_7170.JPG
    IMG_7170.JPG
    383.3 KB · Views: 398
Reactions: viperboy and byeLT4