Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First problem: rear door glass stuck open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My rear drivers side window regulator failed today. Car is 1 month old. Cheap plastic parts, too bad. They didn't have the actuator and need to order. Will take a week!. They put the window in up position and somehow made it stay there until they can fix next week along with wind noise from the sun roof and sticky charge door port. San Diego service center guys are very nice and cooperative.

Add me to the list too. I went out for a warm evening drive, and opened the roof 100% and meant to crack open the rear windows, but the rear driver-side went all the way down and never came back up. For tonight, I pulled it up by hand and kind of "shoved" it into place after closing the door. Might need to use some masking tape too.
This might speed up my getting all my other service things done now (was waiting for Fremont to get some real loaner cars).

My *front* passenger side window made a horrible crunching noise when I opened it the other day (might be only the 2nd or 3rd time it's been opened). It still moves up and down, but with a nasty grinding/clunking sound. I have it closed with tape over the button until the first available appointment slot at Menlo Park, which last friday was not until JUNE 6 -- or about 3 weeks. Good thing it isn't a safety issue or stuck open like some others, or I'd be mighty PO'd about having to wait 3 weeks to get it fixed. Hopefully not a sign that the cars on the road are needing an unpredicted amount of servicing that's stretching the logistics at MP.

my regulator has fail. there was no ETA for the parts. just sit back and wait.
i guess they couldnt pull 4 regulators off the factory for one car and give it to 4 loyal tesla owners.

I joked with the Fremont service department about that while they had my car for 5 days waiting on the regulator.

They have a separate supply chain and delivery system for spare and repair parts.

They absolutely can't get them from the factory.

The service center might as well be in a different zip code. Proximity to the factory is meaningless when it comes to parts support.

ugh. Mine failed on Tuesday morning when I closed the door, minutes before I was about to embark on a weeklong road trip into Dante's Inferno (Las Vegas & Palm Springs during the Heat Wave). There was no way I could take my family in the Tesla into 116 temps with the window open. Luckily we had an extra car - moved everything and headed out. Have made an appt for when I return - 1 1/2 wks later. I'm hoping that is enough time for them to get the parts in.

Well, got a new problem.

A suspension bushing or motor mount is broken. Under initial acceleration the car veers left and when you let off the gas, it sways right.

Crazy.

Anyway, its in the shop.

At the same time the work order shows a rear window regulator retrofit, new floor mats and tire rotation.

Best part, I got a loaner model S!!!

77 miles... :)

I noticed two differences to my march car.

Looks like they fixed the rear seat belt problem but I don't know what this is in the center console

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374347869.836803.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374347893.086270.jpg

Everything else seems the same.