Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Production Cars Delivered Sep 29 at Factory per Elon Tweet

CmdrThor

Jul 24, 2013
Marietta, GA
Screen Shot 2015-09-02 at 5.00.43 PM.png

Looks like you have your delivery date Bonnie!

S'toon

Knows where his towel is
Apr 23, 2015
AB
does production mean sig series or founders?

I'm guessing a combination of both. For example, Bjorn won't receive a Founders until all his references take deliver, so they might delay those 3 winners' in particular.

adiggs

Sep 25, 2012
Portland, OR
Pretty sure this is a delivery event for Founders, not Sigs.

I doubt there is anyone who wants me to be wrong on this more than I.

After waiting all this time, the very idea that delivery might be in 27 days sort of takes your breath away, doesn't it?

MorrisonHiker

S 100D 2021.32.10
Mar 8, 2015
Colorado
Doesn't the referral program end the next day? That would give fence sitters a day to decide if they want to go for the S and get the referral credit or hold out for the X.

SBenson

May 22, 2014
Benson
Whether it's Founders or Signatures, the fact that Musk publicly announced that "production" cars will be handed on 29th makes me feel that the car will be fully revealed on that day. I mean, all of the magic in it. From then on we no longer need to guess if the second row seats fold down or not, or how exactly they will fold down. What do you guys say?

Mark Z

Mar 12, 2013
North Orange County

SBenson

May 22, 2014
Benson
Tesla’s Musk Says First Model X SUVs to Be Delivered Sept. 29 - Bloomberg Business

Tesla Motors Inc. Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk said the first Model X sport utility vehicles will be delivered Sept. 29.

The SUVs will be handed over at the electric-car maker’s Fremont, California, factory, Musk said Wednesday in a Twitter post. The initial vehicles will be Founders Series models, a fully loaded, extremely limited version, Tesla said.

AnOutsider

S532 # XS27
Apr 3, 2009
Tesla’s Musk Says First Model X SUVs to Be Delivered Sept. 29 - Bloomberg Business

Tesla Motors Inc. Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk said the first Model X sport utility vehicles will be delivered Sept. 29.

The SUVs will be handed over at the electric-car maker’s Fremont, California, factory, Musk said Wednesday in a Twitter post. The initial vehicles will be Founders Series models, a fully loaded, extremely limited version, Tesla said.

well, I guess Bonnie will be waiting a bit longer

Mark Z

Mar 12, 2013
North Orange County
well, I guess Bonnie will be waiting a bit longer
And I will gladly wait longer as well for delivery if necessary. However, if invited to personally see the Founders (and hopefully Bonnie) receive their key fobs at Fremont, I will gladly attend and enjoy the celebration. For me, a factory tour seeing Model X in production would be icing on the cake.

Last edited:

andrewket

Dec 20, 2012
I'd fly in to be there, but I suspect that's not in the cards having given up my sig reservation. Unless someone wants to be really nice and take me as their guest :)

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC