Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First quarter 2018 deliveries

How many cars will Tesla deliver to customers in the first quarter of 2018

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
10,500 Model X? o_O 10% less than 2017 quarterly average... with rolling 90-day search interest at record.

Primarily because this quarter is very backloaded, more so than most. And since I feel Model X has a lot of deliveries in further flung places (Norway and China) as well as potential significant congestion in CA at end of month that there is therefore a significant risk that they can't deliver what they hope out of what is in transit.

• Helpful
Reactions: ValueAnalyst
. I like @EinSV and @Starno totals but @EinSV's S/X mix is way too skewed. I don't know how Tesla can deliver 14.6k S, seems too optimistic.

My S/X estimates are based primarily on VIN progression, which has been much higher for S than X based on spreadsheet data. S and X deliveries might be closer together than my WAG/guesstimates but since inventory of both was depleted at the end of Q4 the only way I can think of that they would be the same is if Tesla uses some of the Model S production to replenish the loaner pool. I think that’s unlikely, at least at levels that would equalize S and X deliveries.