Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Quarter Mile times on 2019.36.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you mean the consistency with the P100Ds in general, like some of them are faster than others? Or do you mean consistency with all P100ds being faster (or slower) on a day-to-day or week-to-week basis ? One thing I've noticed lately; now that it has been super cold the past few days, I've noticed a huge 'seat-of-the-pants' difference in performance, regenerative braking etc compared to on warmer days.
Some are a bit faster than others. In general they seem to have lost power from the inception. My max is 545 now, it used to be 565-575. I’ve driven one that had 583 max kW out put. My car does have 58k, but since about 35k the power out put has been around 545. Weather definitely effects performance, but that’s almost all cars.

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4
You'd be waiting a while as Tesla no longer sells CPO cars. Just used Tesla cars now. Using the term CPO could be confusing since they did sell CPO cars via a CPO program at one point up until recently when they did away with it.

Are there any differences in the warranty (or other perks) between the 'used' cars in Tesla's present day inventory compared to the 'used' cars sold by Tesla when they were still referring to used cars as 'CPO' ? All the Model S or X with less than 50k miles currently in used inventory come with a 4 year 50k mile warranty. Was it even better in the past ?

Some are a bit faster than others. In general they seem to have lost power from the inception. My max is 545 now, it used to be 565-575. I’ve driven one that had 583 max kW out put. My car does have 58k, but since about 35k the power out put has been around 545. Weather definitely effects performance, but that’s almost all cars.

Oh wow, that's interesting to know. I'll have to check to see what the max is on my car which has about 20,000 miles. I've had the car 3 weeks and yesterday was the first time I put the car in Lud+ mode and properly warmed up the battery.

Reactions: UkrHog
Are there any differences in the warranty (or other perks) between the 'used' cars in Tesla's present day inventory compared to the 'used' cars sold by Tesla when they were still referring to used cars as 'CPO' ? All the Model S or X with less than 50k miles currently in used inventory come with a 4 year 50k mile warranty. Was it even better in the past ?

That aspect remained largely unchanged. The primary difference was the cosmetic/physical condition of the vehicles that were being sold. Tesla's CPO program was on par with Lexus, Mercedes, etc. where a certain level of refurbishment could be expected. If someone is shopping used Tesla cars from Tesla now and are thinking what they're looking at (largely stock) photos of is on that level they will be greatly disappointed when they finally take delivery. It's important that shoppers new to this version of Tesla used cars not be mislead into thinking they're buying anything other than a used car with an extended Tesla warranty which is what they are. People who continue to incorrectly refer to them as CPO are only adding more confusion to an already confusing used car purchase experience.

No, more power (or more accurately more torque) is only for the raven front motor.
It looks like on the ludicrous ravens the power increase was to the rear motor. The max used to be 360kw, and now it's 375kw.

In this video from July, the front and rear power peak simultaneously at 177.5kw and 360kw at 82 mph(at 2:20 minutes). The peak battery power is 578.9kw. The run in the video was at 99% soc vs the 87% in this thread, which probably accounts for the slightly lower battery power. They are probably able to get the same power out of the front motor using less battery power on recent firmware. This lets them send more power to the rear motor for the same total battery power.

More power to the front motor might not help at low speed as the front wheel traction is reduced as the weight shifts to the rear wheels during hard acceleration.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: PhaseWhite
It looks like on the ludicrous ravens the power increase was to the rear motor. The max used to be 360kw, and now it's 375kw.

In this video from July, the front and rear power peak simultaneously at 177.5kw and 360kw at 82 mph(at 2:20 minutes). The peak battery power is 578.9kw. The run in the video was at 99% soc vs the 87% in this thread, which probably accounts for the slightly lower battery power. They are probably able to get the same power out of the front motor using less battery power on recent firmware. This lets them send more power to the rear motor for the same total battery power.

More power to the front motor might not help at low speed as the front wheel traction is reduced as the weight shifts to the rear wheels during hard acceleration.

This video is from July. My comments refer to changes in 36.2.1. What I said is directly confirmed by the release notes.

• Informative
Reactions: bhzmark
This video is from July. My comments refer to changes in 36.2.1. What I said is directly confirmed by the release notes.

That's my point. Back in July before 2019.36.x The max power to the rear motor was 360kw. Now the max power is 375kw. In the second pull of the video without launch mode, the front motor power went to 181kw. So regardless what the release notes say, it was the power to the rear motor that was increased, not the front motor. The recent owner's manual does list the front motor power as 205kw where it was previously listed as 193kw, but the car is still only reporting a maximum of 181kw.

Last edited:
That's my point. Back in July before 2019.36.x The max power to the rear motor was 360kw. Now the max power is 375kw. In the second pull of the video without launch mode, the front motor power went to 181kw. So regardless what the release notes say, it was the power to the rear motor that was increased, not the front motor. The recent owner's manual does list the front motor power as 205kw where it was previously listed as 193kw, but the car is still only reporting a maximum of 181kw.

In my current owners manual it says 193 kW front and 375 kW rear. However, the car is registered in Norway with max power: 205 kW front and 380 kW rear (see attached screenshot). I guess Tesla must provide the actual max values to the Norwegian authorities.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191116-204337.png
    Screenshot_20191116-204337.png
    220.1 KB · Views: 68

Peak power figures do not tell you how much torque there is or how much it has changed below and above peak.

Peak power figures do not tell you how much torque there is or how much it has changed below and above peak.

If it's the same at the peak, you can't have more power. It's possible they flattened the hp curve, but that doesn't mean you have more power which is what they claimed. The model s hp curve isn't very peaky. Musk said there would be 50 more hp, but it's only 18.5 kw more which is 25hp. That's about 3%.

Tesla-P100DL-vs-P90DLv3-power-output-graph.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: TrevTremaine
If it's the same at the peak, you can't have more power. It's possible they flattened the hp curve, but that doesn't mean you have more power which is what they claimed. The model s hp curve isn't very peaky. Musk said there would be 50 more hp, but it's only 18.5 kw more which is 25hp. That's about 3%.

Tesla-P100DL-vs-P90DLv3-power-output-graph.jpg

I don't think 36.x is the fw where we get the claimed +50hp.

The guy in the video has been posting cool Tesla videos for years. He did a lot for Tesla before most people were aware of the performance by showing Tesla’s top variant embarrassing some of the quickest gas cars.