Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Raven Refresh Model S P100D 1/4 time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
that's also got 19" wheels, they are actually a little narrower than the 21" wheels so I expect a car with 21s could drop a further 0.1 off. We might even see a few 10.3s in the near future once the car mats and unnecessary covers are removed, plus a bit of luck.
It shouldn't matter. Within limits, the surface area of tire on the track is determined by tire pressure and weight, not by width of rim or tire. The 21s might even be slower since they are heavier and more of the power gets converted to rotational energy than velocity with them as compared to the 19s.

I would love to see CANBus logs of any performance runs from cars with the new raven motor setup, for the performance metrics.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: croman and bhzmark
that's also got 19" wheels, they are actually a little narrower than the 21" wheels so I expect a car with 21s could drop a further 0.1 off. We might even see a few 10.3s in the near future once the car mats and unnecessary covers are removed, plus a bit of luck.

Can anyone identify the tires? (Besides being Michelin I mean). I am in disbelief that he did that on 19” wheels/tires

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA and bhzmark
tires being equal, 19" wheels are equal or better performing in about all respects -- except aesthetically for some
My (still waiting) new PD+L will be my 3rd S. I switched from 21’s to 19’s about a 18 months ago and will never go back to 21” wheels/tires again. I am just curios if the 19’s are a new tire or not since the Tesla Blog did make mention of new ones on certain configurations....

E58429E4-4147-40B0-AD55-4DC49A5FBE91.png

no reason for disbelief that a fast 1/4 mile time is on 19s.

If there a difference between 19 and 21 I would expect the stock 19s to be faster than the stock 21s since they are lighter. 19s also have longer range/more efficient.

I agree it would be nice to know what tires they are using on each of the wheels if they are different from prior stock tires.

• Informative
Reactions: UkrHog
Wheel weight doesn’t matter all that much on a Tesla. My old P100D had faster times 0-60 and 1/4 mile on 19”. The computer just regulates a certain amount of power and torque. There is so much grip on a drag strip, it doesn’t matter. You’ll never break the tires loose. Plus the 19” have a larger size wall which helps.

Wheel weight doesn’t matter all that much on a Tesla. My old P100D had faster times 0-60 and 1/4 mile on 19”. The computer just regulates a certain amount of power and torque. There is so much grip on a drag strip, it doesn’t matter. You’ll never break the tires loose. Plus the 19” have a larger size wall which helps.
It takes energy to spin up wheel weight, but for the period when the car is torque limited rather than power limited, I had always assumed that some torque was used to spin up heavier wheels, rather than making the wheels spin faster. Probably not a noticable difference, but something.

The best dragy is 2.6 and that seems an outlier as only a few 2.7s and then a bunch of 2.8s. That's without the nonsense 1 ft rollout.

With the nonsense 1 ft rollout, MT got 2.28.

Dragy is the best way to compare apples to apples.

Oh ok - maybe the 1 foot roll out was the reason for the difference.

Wonder what the 1 foot roll out number would be on the raven p100d?