Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First rear lighted T on Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fitted the first rear lighted T on a Model X today. It functions the same as the rear lighted T on the Model S. Lights red when the running, parking, and head lights are on and brightens when the brakes are applied. They'll be available from Evannex in about two weeks.

fullsizeoutput_4ddd.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4dde.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4ddf.jpeg

At the same time Rick installed the rear "T" on the model "X"we did a video of the installation for the front "T" for the model "X".
As soon as I get a copy of the video I'll post it. The front "T" will be available in Chrome, Black Chrome or any of Tesla's colors.
The first four will arrive next week with production delivery at the end of the month.

Reactions: hiroshiy
Does this void the vehicle warranty?

I would love this but want to assess the risk. :)

Thanks
No. Some of us have done this to our S's and done the lighted rear applique that you also see in those pictures. We've showed them off to the Tesla folks both at the stores and service centers. No issue with warranty. They've always been surprised and impressed.

Yeeehaw!!!

just when i thought my list of mods was done...it guess i will have to make this change :D

i've already made my "T's" carbon fiber with a wrap, does this replace the entire "T" or is it something i can put underneath my existing "T's"?

Thanks!

It just depends on the model as to where you take the power from. If you have the rear appliqué for the model "S" or "X" you tap into the running lights feed and brake feed to power the "T".

Instructions and videos are now out there for you to take a look at.

Isn't there an issue with using a blue-bluish color because it belongs to the law enforcement community? So wouldn't blue be off limits, even parked?
You're right. There are both legal and biological problems with blue lighting. That said, blue would have been my first choice. A white rear logo would make me happy too, so I'll be patient and wait for the next round!

• Informative
Reactions: Cowby