Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First rear lighted T on Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put an LED strip under the grate in the front T cavity to backlight the front T .... very inexpensive ($3 to do), but looked too blue-ish or purple-ish with the LED strip I had (even though it was bright white). I ordered an LED bar with CREE LEDs and am going to try that in there instead and see if that looks any better. ... right now it looks too much like I am a Lyft driver with a pink mustache!

Reactions: FlyF4
I put two waterproof strips of white LEDs about 28" long under the nosecone of my classic and turned them on with a single pole remote switch from the driver seat. I press ON, when approaching another S at dusk or dark, and it looks like the car is smiling because the running lights and headlights look like eyes. What looks like a gap between the teeth is actually my front mounted rear camera.

Smile.JPG

@rekoh, If your just going to install the rear lighted T, you will still have to remove the trunk molding and run a wire set so that you can have the "T" operate with the running light and the stop light. Think about install the lighted appliqué at the same time. Running the wire set is a one time cost.

The front "T" and rear "T" for the model "S" is available now. The front "T" for the model "X" can be pre ordered. Just doing the final test on them now, should be available for delivery by the end of the month. The rear "T" for the Model "X" is in development and should be available by late fall.

The cost for the Model "X" front "T" is $295.00, I'll post here once I have a firm delivery date. A new web sight will be up shortly to place orders, or you send an e-mail to [email protected]

To the best of my knowledge no one has ever had a problem with installing a "T" on a wrapped car.

The front "T" and rear "T" for the model "S" is available now. The front "T" for the model "X" can be pre ordered. Just doing the final test on them now, should be available for delivery by the end of the month. The rear "T" for the Model "X" is in development and should be available by late fall.

The cost for the Model "X" front "T" is $295.00, I'll post here once I have a firm delivery date. A new web sight will be up shortly to place orders, or you send an e-mail to [email protected]

To the best of my knowledge no one has ever had a problem with installing a "T" on a wrapped car.
i will wait for the website, thank you.

please post it in this forum once it's up.

thanks!

As far as I know installing a rearer front "T" or a lighted appliqué does not void any warranty, However, If you take your car in for service and depending how it was wired the service center may disconnect the appliqué and not reconnect it. The one point that should be noted if you install a lighted appliqué a service center will charge you to remove it form the car if you use it as a trade.

Hold on to your plastic appliqué and reattach it if your going to give it back to Tesla.

Reactions: Akikiki
At the same time Rick installed the rear "T" on the model "X"we did a video of the installation for the front "T" for the model "X".
As soon as I get a copy of the video I'll post it. The front "T" will be available in Chrome, Black Chrome or any of Tesla's colors.
The first four will arrive next week with production delivery at the end of the month.

OK, that was about 9 months ago. Any update on your installation video for the front T? Curious about what is involved.

Just got back from the Keys. I have an unedited video of the Model X front install. Hop on the web site and request the video, I'll send it to you. The front "T" for the Model X and S is supper EZ to install. The hardest thing is to run the 12 volt line to the fuse box or the battery. Rear "T's" will take a little longer. Install time fro the rear "T" will take you about an hour and a half to two hours.

Looking to do a video of a rear "T" install on a model 3. Anyone close to Philly have a 3 interested?

Just got back from the Keys. I have an unedited video of the Model X front install. Hop on the web site and request the video, I'll send it to you. The front "T" for the Model X and S is supper EZ to install. The hardest thing is to run the 12 volt line to the fuse box or the battery. Rear "T's" will take a little longer. Install time fro the rear "T" will take you about an hour and a half to two hours.

Looking to do a video of a rear "T" install on a model 3. Anyone close to Philly have a 3 interested?
VG, can't wait to see!